Chapter 41

-Amber-

The training that Emit had been putting Alex through had been kind of rough.

He'd been trying to get Alex more in touch with his wolf. Because Emit thinks that Alex and Xavier should be more in tune.

So for the training, Emit has been using me as help. He would tie Alex to a chair and blindfold him and have me scream to get Alex and his wolf on edge and to work together.

Unfortunately, all that had really been happening was him getting his butt kicked... repeatedly.

But Alex has been getting better with his endurance, strength, and senses. Tobias and his mate, Paige, have been helping us train as well.

But a thing that Alex has mastered is when he shifts back, his clothes are still on.

But I don't think he needed to learn that...

'Only because you want to see his abs.' Jackie laughed in my head.

'Hey! Can you blame me?' I asked back laughing with her.

She paused for a second. 'No...' 

'That's what I thought.' I said then blocked the connection as I watched Alex come walking into the kitchen.

"How's training going?" I asked him as I got him some water.

"Awful." He said putting his head down on the table.

I set the water in front of him and sat next to him.

"Why's that?"

"Because apparently, I'm still not in tune with my wolf enough for Emit's liking. So far the only thing I've learned is the reason behind the night terrors I've had."

"Well ever since Xavier revealed his true self, I'm pretty sure Emit doesn't want to take any chances. Especially since the Alpha of the Rogues might have this Falcon spirit as his wolf." I said a little nervously.

Alex smiled and pulled me into his side. "I won't let anything happen to you, Amber. I told you that. You have nothing to worry about. I love you too much to let you go and to let anything, and I mean anything, happen to you."

I smiled. "Thank you Alex. Now if you could please let me go. That would be nice. Because you smell really bad." I said trying to hold in a laugh from looking at his facial expression.

"Oh wow. Feeling the love." He said as he got up and walked to the door to do some more training.

"Love you!" I called out after him.

He laughed and waved me off. "Ya sure. Love you too!" He called back.

~*~

"So. How powerful do you think this Falcon wolf spirit is?" I asked Paige as were sitting on the couch.

She shrugged. "From the way, Xavier put it the other day. I'm gonna say pretty powerful. Tobias and I were only guessing at what Xavier was... but Falcon sounds like another big deal entirely."

I sighed. "That's what I'm afraid of."

"I'm confused." Paige suddenly said after a while of nobody talking.

"What's that?" I asked facing her.

"Where did he come from?"

"Who? Falcon?"

"Ya," Paige said nodding. "All wolf spirits come from the Goddess. But Xavier said he didn't. Well, he did, but Nocturne changed him."

"I don't know," I said truthfully as I thought about it.

"Because if you think about it." Paige started. "Falcon had to have come from somewhere. He couldn't have just shown up. Something had to have happened."

"Xavier said that he was always following him though? Like a bad curse?" I commented, feeling confused. 

Paige shook her head. "Traveler wolves return to our world at random. While Xavier thinks it's a curse, it's far more likely that it was because they both gained the same ability in the same lifetime and timeframe."

"Hmm. Do you think that something summoned him?" I asked Paige.

She frowned. "What do you mean?"

"What if he was summoned? Like, meant to come back."

"Keep talking," Paige said smiling.

"You know in those movies how bad spirits are always summoned at like the Pharaoh's tomb or some ancient place?" I asked as Paige nodded in understanding. "What if he was summoned like that. Not from like Egypt or whatever place those movies are filmed in. But what if something had actually made Falcon awake."

"It could be possible. But it does still sound pretty bad if it's true."

"I know." I sighed. "But I'm not saying it's true. It could just be a possibility. Something had to have made him. Because when Xavier said that he only knew of one really old wolf spirit, what if whatever created him, put him away into like a sleeping state."

"Then something would have to have had summoned him to awake him from his sleeping state," Paige said adding on.

"We have to tell everyone about this," I said as Paige nodded.

We both hopped up off the couch and ran outside.

Let's just hope it really isn't this bad.

---------------------------

Love ya guys!!

-Austin