Chapter 27

-Amber-

To say that I was surprised when Alex and I found out that Sierra and Jack were mates, would be a complete understatement. I was shocked. But I was also happy that she wouldn't be trying to get with Alex anymore.

Later that evening I was having dinner with my parents and Alex and his parents were coming. So I really want to look good.

I looked back in the mirror and put on my diamond earrings that dangled down.

I decided to leave my hair down and have it curled at the bottom. And I put on a plain black dress that is strapless and put on my silver heels. I'm not a big heel person, but I usually only wear them when it's a special occasion. And when I do wear them, they aren't very big. The tallest pair of heels I have are only like 2 inches. I know some girls who wear 6 inch high heels. Crazy...

"Amber?" My mom called as she opened my bedroom door.

"In the bathroom," I said fixing one of my earrings.

"You look gorgeous." My mom gushed looking at me.

I turned to face her and looked down at my dress.

"Really?" I asked smiling.

"Of course. And I'm not just saying that to you because you're my daughter."

I laughed. "Good. I was going for that."

"Come on. Dad is downstairs with everyone and Alex and his parents should be here soon." My mom said walking out of my bathroom.

I sighed and looked back in the mirror.

'Amber...' Jackie said worriedly.

'What?' I asked concerned.

'Uhh...how do I put this without scaring you?'

'Just tell me.' I said getting worried myself.

'Uh, well you see Amber... Ummm your heat is coming.'

I froze. 'Can you repeat that?'

'You're heat is coming soon. I don't know when, but it looks like it's coming on pretty fast.'

'You have got to be kidding me!' I groaned as I rested my hands on the bathroom sink.

'No, I'm not.' I heard her sigh

'When is it going to come?' I asked scared to hear the answer.

'I don't know.'

'This is just great.'

'We probably shouldn't go down there.'

I mentally waved her off. 'I'll be fine. Nothing is going to happen.' I said and cut the connection off.

I walked downstairs and just as I entered the living room, there was a knock on the door.

"Got it!" I called out.

I opened the door and my jaw instantly dropped.

Alex was standing there with black shades on, a gray v-neck shirt, with black jeans and white supras. His hair was slightly messy, but it looked really good on him. 

And holy shit did he look fine.

I stepped aside so Alex could come in.

He took his shades off and put them on top of his head and turned to face me.