Chapter 19

-Alex-

I watched longingly as Amber left the classroom, and headed out. I didn't know why, but I was at the point of just saying "screw it all" to myself, and running after her. Oh I wanted nothing more than to do that.

'Then do it. No one is stopping you.' Xavier said to me.

I nodded. 'Goddammit, have I ever told you that I hate it when you're right?'

'A few times. Now go and get her!'

I nodded again and ran out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang. I looked down the hallways, but couldn't Find Amber.

"Hey, Alex!" Jack called after me. "You looking for someone?"

"Duh. Where is she?" I nearly growled. He was stopping our search. Note the word "our" in that. Xavier was going crazy.

"I saw her leave. Litterally, she was heading out to her car." He said.

"Thanks," I said, darting out of the school.

I scanned the parking lot, and nearly dropped right then and there. Brandon had his arm around Amber, and they were walking to her car, talking, laughing even.

'You dumb piece of shit! Don't stand there, MOVE!' Xavier howled at me. I ran after them.

"Amber, wait!" I called. She barely glanced up at me, before putting her head back down, her hood still up.

'Crap...'

'What?' I asked.

'Jackie, her wolf... oh boy...'

I just ran faster. I was nearly by her side when I felt an arm shove me out of the way. I snarled and whirled around to see Brandon, scowling at me.

"You had your chance, mate. But it's pretty obvious that she doesn't want you anymore." He said, and a little too cheerfully at that.

I ignored him and turned back around to see Amber.

"Amber... wait! I just want to talk to you." I pleaded.

She just turned to me. I could see fresh tears in her eyes, and I would've given anything at all just to hold her then and there. I felt my heart rip in two as she just shook her head. If that wasn't bad enough, her next words almost dropped me.

"You've already told me what you think. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe we weren't mates..."

I ignored the confused and slightly angered, expression on Brandon's face.

"No, I was wrong. Just, please. Talk to me."

She shook her head again and got into her car. I watched in helplessness as she drove out of the parking lot. I only hoped that she would come back. Hell, the school day wasn't even over yet...

But as much as I hoped, I knew I wouldn't see her again today.

'No...' Xavier whimpered sadly. I could feel him getting frustrated. He was in as much pain as I was.

"You need to let her go," Brandon said coldly. "She isn't yours anymore. And she's made that clear."

I growled. "And what do you think? That she's yours?"

He sneered a little. "Maybe. I know now that my chances are better than yours."

That blew it. I was just as mad as Xavier was at this point. Which might I say, was downright furious. I had my hand on his throat before he could even blink, holding him up.