Chapter 23

-Amber-

With the threat of the rogues and hunters looming over us, my dad had made an announcement to the pack that we'd begin regular training for anyone in the pack that could fight. Whether it be self defense or to be on patrol with other pack warriors, most of the pack had begun the regular sessions. 

What most wouldn't assume was werewolf packs tended to be heavily armed. We had advanced healing and strength capabilities from being a werewolf, but to keep ourselves and others from harm as well as protect our identities of what we were, we did rely on normal human weaponry. This meant firearms training, hand-to-hand combat, blade-wielding (swordsmanship included), battle first-aid, and yes, archery. 

Thought I never saw the point in the last one -- no pun intended -- but I did admittedly enjoy the sports side of it.

The point was to be well rounded in knowledge and muscle memory so if we were to face an opponent with any type of weapon, we wouldn't be caught off guard. The training normally was given to our pack warriors as they were in combat the most with skirmishes and issues between packs, but having the unique threat looming over our heads gave cause for my dad to be cautious.

Alex had finally finished sword training with Jack, so we decided to hang out on my balcony.

"So. When were you going to tell me that I was going to be alpha?" Alex asked softly in my ear.

I stiffened. Ahh shit...

"Uh... soon?" I said. Though it came out more as a question. There were still things here and there that I grew up knowing, so it was harder to figure out what else he didn't know.

He chucked and nuzzled my neck, causing me giggle softly and let out a small moan.

"And I thought you drove me crazy," he said.

I swirled around and glared at him. "Last time I checked, you still weren't forgiven."

He shrugged. "I can work on that."

I leaned back on his chest and smirked to myself.

Ha. Good luck. It's going to take some time for me to fully forgive you.

"So who were those rogues the other day?" Alex asked me.

I groaned a little. "It seems that the rogues and hunters have joined forces for some unknown reason. None of us know why, and we don't have any leads. Not even with my uncle on the case."

"Your uncle?'"

"Well. He's not really my uncle. He's my dad's best friend next to Thomas, but he's a hunter himself. He use to hunt any werewolf, but after he found his mate, he only hunts those that cause trouble."

"That's good to have." Alex laughed. "I'd have to meet him someday."

I laughed along with him. "I think you might have but I'm not sure. He's someone that doesn't stand out unless he wants too."

"Then I like him already," he said more to himself.

I looked out into the forest, loving the view.

"I love you," Alex whispered in my ear.

"I love you too," I said facing him with a wink.

He was about to say something, but I heard my dad howl.

Something's wrong...

I grabbed Alex's hand. "We have to go," I said as we raced downstairs with him hot on my tail