Chapter 17

-Amber-

I woke up with a massive headache. As I sat up, I clutched my head and gritted my teeth in pain.

I need an aspirin. I thought to myself as I got up to go to my bathroom.

When I looked in the mirror, I jumped back a little out of shock. I looked horrible. My hair was all messed up and knotted, my skin looked pale, I had bags under my eyes, and my eyes were all red and puffy. I really did cry myself to sleep last night.

I still couldn't believe yesterdays events. I couldn't believe it actually happened.

'Remember, we don't need him. If he wants to be an ass, let him be an ass.' Jackie said reassuring me.

'Ya. You're right. We don't need him. We are strong. I'm not gonna let some boy bring me down. I'm stronger than that.' I said trying to sound confident.

'Exactly! And I'm always here for you.'

'Thanks Jackie.' I smiled.

I looked at my phone and saw that I was gonna be late if I didn't hurry up.

"Shit!" I yelped and ran downstairs.

"Want some breakfast sweetie?" My mom asked.

"Can't sorry. Gonna be late. Love you guys!" I shouted and I ran outside and got into my car.

The entire drive to school, I was thinking of ways to avoid Alex. I mean it's gonna be nearly impossible. He's in all of my classes except for one. And I have history first hour with him... and he sits next to me. Oh, this shall be fun.

I walked inside the school and head to my locker.

I saw Alex is at his locker, so I pulled my hood up and kept my face down. I didn't want to see him or talk to him.

As I got my books out, I could see him steal a couple glances at me.

He turned his head and opened his mouth, but by that time I see him do it, I slammed my locker shut and ran off to history.

I remembered I sat next to Alex, so I walked up to our history teacher.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh hello Amber, what can I do for you today?" He asked smiling at me.

"Can I please sit in the back? I don't really feel good." It wasn't really a lie. The pain in my head had lessened only a little and my body felt weak and achy. Mates weren't supposed to fight. It caused the mate bond to retaliate and give us some really big issues to deal with.

Feeling like death, for example.

He gave me a small smile. "Of course. There's an empty desk behind Brandon."

"Thank you."

I walked back and sat down and got everything out. And as I was getting my book open, Alex came walking in with Jack.

Alex sat down, and I could feel tears prickling in my eyes. Stay strong Amber. I chanted to myself over and over again.

I looked down but looked back up. I missed him. I hated to admit it, but it was true. I truly missed him. And he looked so good in his gray v-neck and dark blue jeans. I couldn't help but check him out.

I made eye contact with Jack, and he gave me a sad smile. I couldn't even smile back. I just shook my head and looked back down at my book.

"Hey." I heard a voice say in front of me.