Chapter 34

-Amber-

"This is too damn early," I said getting dressed to go train.

My dad decided that it was a good idea to have everyone wake up at 5 in the morning so we can all be on the practice field at 6. And also still have time to get ready for school.

"Stop complaining and get dressed," Alex teased.

I growled at him and threw one of his shoes at him.

He yelped as it hit him in the chest.

"Violent woman," He said rubbing where it hit him.

I stuck my tongue out at him and finished putting my belt on.

"Well, this is what happens when I get woken up early. I need my sleep."

"Note taken. Now let's go before we are late." He said grabbing my hand.

"I'm coming, I'm coming."

Once we made it to the field, my dad started talking.

"Okay. I'm glad all able are here to start training. We can not take this threat from this pack a joke. It needs to be taken seriously. This crazy leader wants my daughter and he isn't having her. So let's start training. Everyone grab a partner." My dad finished.

"My lady. Would you like to be my partner?" Alex asked bowing.

I laughed. "Yes, I would kind sir."

"You two are so strange," Jack said walking over to us with Sierra.

"He started it." I pointed.

Alex smiled and grabbed my hand bringing me into him.

"Let's practice." He said.

I nodded. "Can we please start at the archery? Please, please, please?" I begged, giving him the puppy dog eyes.

He sighed and smiled. "I can't say no to you."

I jumped up and hugged him. "Great let's go," I said running over to them.

"Geez girl, slow down." He said catching up to me.

"Well, maybe you should just run faster." I shot back with a smile.

He shook his head laughing and got his bow and arrow ready.

He pulled back and aimed. His arrow shot forward and I snorted when it flew right over the target. He growled at my reaction and tried again. This time his arrow landed a few feet from the base of it in the grass that surrounded the target cubes.

His growl of annoyance grew louder when his next two landed on either side.

"I'm gonna need your man card," I said trying to stop laughing.

"Excuse me for not having grown up with the sport," he growled, clearly offended. "This is only my second time ever doing it."

I shook my head in amusement and pulled my arrow back. I let it go and watched as it hit a bullseye. His annoyance was only making my accuracy feel like a huge achievement 

"I think you're just a bad shot," I said with a smirk.

"I'm better with firearms," He pouted.

"Fine, when we are done here, we can go to the guns. Then I'll see if you can have your man card back."

He growled and tried again. When he let go, the arrow nicked the side of the target but fell to the ground.

"Don't. You. Dare. Laugh." He growled grabbing another arrow.