Chapter 29

-Alex-

I stood in absolute shock. It had been years since I last laid eyes on that face. It was almost surreal.

"You always were the quiet type," Paige smirked. "You haven't changed... much."

"Much?" Amber asked, looking between the two of us. 

I ignored Amber's comment, a little too swept up in thought about the wolf that was standing in front of me. I hadn't seen her in years and there she was, standing in a sports bra and running shorts. She was quite different from what I had remembered, but I knew it was her. I could still recognize her rather snarky and cocky grin and the way she held herself so highly. My wolf also recognized her as family, seeing her human form explaining the strange feeling he had when she'd first appeared. 

And why did she appear right then and there? 

There clearly weren't any more rogues around, which was a good thing, but my head was still spinning.

"Why are you here?" Was all I could manage. 

She chuckled. "Well, that's an interesting welcome. I haven't seen my only sibling in almost eleven years, and that's all you can ask?"

"Why now?" I tried instead. 

Paige shook her head. "Let's go somewhere to talk. I don't know if there are any more rogues close by." 

'Considering you smell like one, I'm not too sure what that makes you,' Xavier commented to himself. 

I nodded a little. "Okay... f-follow me..." 

As we walked, Amber pulled me to her, pressing against my side.  

"Your sister?!" She hissed in my ear. "What is she doing here?" 

I just shrugged, putting my arm over her shoulders. "Well, it looks like we're about to find out."

~*~ 

"I won't talk until my mate is by my side," Paige demanded. 

Adam shook his head. "I'd rather not. Your mate is trickier than you are... and that's not a compliment." 

"A compliment is how you take it, Alpha," she sneered. 

"Have you something to say to me, bitch?" Adam growled, his wolf starting to show. 

"Oh, if only you knew," Paige sneered. "It would take an Alpha more than you to take it out of me."

"You can take that little idea and shove it straight up his–" 

"Enough!" I shouted, losing my patience. To my utmost surprise, they both went silent, though, Adam gave me a little bit of a startled look.

"I think we found that second Alpha," Amber muttered. 

I gently nudged her side with my elbow and looked at Paige. "Answer a few of now questions, and I'll let you have Tobias by your side."

"Alex," Adam growled. "Can I speak to you in the other room. Now?" 

I sighed, shooting Paige an apologetic look. I stood up and followed Adam into the kitchen. 

"What in the Moon Goddess's name are you doing?!" He snarled, glaring at me.  

"I think the term was called bartering." 

"On what- why are you-you just... ugh!!" He growled, slamming his hand down on the counter in frustration. "Are you trying to drive me insane?!"