1. First Meets

'Stars' is an original StarsAndFireflies_ creation. Any similarities of any scenes or chapters with any other stories is highly coincidental. Plagiarism is a crime. No Prologue. Some chapters of this story are private.

Happy Reading! Hope you like this story of mine just as much as all the others.

//

name:- First Meets
word count:- 2500 words
published on:- 19 September 2018.

|•|

I walked inside slowly, my eyes wandering at everything in front of me. People rushed by me as fast as running horses, busy in their own work and time as I paused around taking in my surroundings. There were a few who sincerely studied running towards their classes while others with headphones in their ears. The food smell in the air caused a tingling vibe in my ear and Fab 5 concert posters everywhere that defined the college I was standing in. Space Academy of Music, Arts, and Science.

And there I was, checking my fitted white crop top and light blue torn jeans. Nandini Murthy. A mid year music student, all ready to live my dreams.

I had left Mumbai with my extended family when I was just five, after losing my parents in a car accident. And ever since, I craved for these Mumbai blues again, but no one allowed me to come back until now that I am eighteen. Almost eighteen.

Walking inside slowly, I checked my phone to find a lot of calls and messages as usual. I had an over protective family and set of friends back in Mangalore, my native place.

"Hello?" I chirped on the phone as soon as the call got picked before an unsettling lump in my throat. "Abhi, I already miss you and your voice. How am I going to even stay without you?" I think I could just cry. Life without best friends was so difficult.

Will I make such friends here too? Would I have someone here too whom I could call at three AM and ask for food? Would I get a bunch of idiots here too whom I can love more than myself?

"Hey? Kahan kho gyi?" He brought me out of my thoughts. "Stop acting like a fucking loner on drugs, girl. Koi war ladne nahi gayi hai tu. And also, you're not alone. Stop acting like a freak, and don't cry, okay? Now, I miss you too," was he scolding me for missing him? Like... what?

"Okay fine. Meine nahi miss karna tujhe!" I poured mentally. I was a South Indian, but being brought up with this Punjabi friend of mine has got me this typical Punjabi sentences that I love so much.

"And also, where are you staying? I have had a talk with Mukti, and no, you're not staying in your old house until it gets cleaned up and renovated. Don't you remember you have dust allergy?" He scolded with a bossy attitude and I could make up from his tone that he had reached his office. Abhimanyu was three years older to me, and already the heir of his father's industries. And also, my life support.

"Aww Abhi! You care about me kitna saara. Agar mein vahan hoti na, I would have pakka pulled your cheeks," I teased biting my lower lip. Teasing your best friend with something that they don't like has to be the most satisfying feeling in the world, honestly.

"Koi care vare nahi karta mein teri, samajh le. I care about myself. You will stay at your old house, you will catch a dust allergy, then you will keep sneezing all day and night, you will not sleep at peace aur meri bhi raat ki neend kharab kar degi, which will lead me to over sleep, jiske vajeh se I will not be able to meet my multiple girlfriends, toh voh sab bura maan jaayegi, and then I will have to go and manaofy all of them with that 'oh so cute' teddy bears and chocolates which is a lot of time and money and energy waste for me. So you know, I am a very selfish person. Toh tu chup karke Mukti ke ghar so jaiyo. No more discussions," Abhimanyu Thakkar and his logics.