12. Kiss Me

name:- Kiss Me
word count:- 3000 words
published on:- 24th March, 2019.

✿ ✿ ✿

[unedited]

M A N I K

I stirred in my sleep when I heard a bell ringing, slightly waking up when I realised my hand pained, slightly cramping as it remained tangled in Nandini's delicate hands, while she slept peacefully, oblivious of the surrounding's.

A small smile spread on my lips as I softly detangled my hand from hers and she stirred, turning to face me and pulling the blanket to herself more.

Her hair blew with the air, falling over her face but she was too lost in sleep to let that irritate her.

I smiled, slowly take the strands in my aching hand and tucked it behind her ear, which probably ticked her, as she smiled in sleep.

She looked beautiful.

I could go on, had the door bell not disturbed me once more. Afraid that she'd wake up with the sound of the ringing bell, i hastened my way to the door, opening it as fast as I could, almost irritated.

"Inaaya?" I was almost surprised, shocked. She blinked her eyes a few times before a contagious smile spread over her lips and i politely smiled back. Just because she knew where I lived, didn't mean she could drop in any time.

"Hi Manik! Won't you let me inside?" She asked. "Of course! I was just going to say that, was kind of surprised seeing you." I said, getting aside as she stepped in.

"You have a beautiful house," she smiled, looking around and I smiled back. My house was indeed beautiful, it wasn't just a house, it was home.

"Sorry, I came in uninvited. I actually dropped in to give you these," she said, handing me a long glass jar. I looked at her, confused as I took it.

"It's chocolate cookies." She smiled. "Tumhe mere haath ki bohot achi lagti thi na when we were toge...." her voice trailed, as if flashing in memories. "Anyways, I just made these, toh I thought I'd drop in and give them to you on my way." She completed.

I smiled. "That's so sweet of you, really. I still love chocolate cookies," I said. I had a sweet tooth for chocolate, right since I was a kid.

"Tum bilkul change nahi hue Manik!" She laughed at my excited expression and twinkling eyes.

"Tum kahan change huyi ho? Just a little more beautiful maybe," I flirted and she blushed, hitting my bicep playfully.

Just when she opened her mouth to say something, Nandini's room door clicked open and she got out as I closed my eyes tight. Wrong time, sunshine.

"Manik...." Nandini's voice trailed when she saw Inaaya sitting opposite to me on the couch and the colour of her face almost faded, probably in shock.

"Oh Manik! You didn't say you were in a live-in with your girlfriend," Inaaya said, shocked as the colour of her face faded too.

Great. Phas gaya mein.

"Uh no! Nandini isn't my girlfriend. She's my... well, housemate," I completed. Inaaya was confused but didn't say a word and Nandini just stood outside the door, her face in sleep, a half yawn covering her lips, her her in mess but her eyes rooted to us with shock.