10. Confessions

name:- confessions
word count:- 4000 words
published on:- 12th Feb, 2019.

✿ ✿ ✿

N A N D I N I

When I walked out the next morning, I saw Manik in his joggers in the living room, exercising. I glanced at the sweat dripping from his hair and I knew he had been working out since a long time. He had well built muscles and I had the sudden urge to go and squeeze his biceps which I pushed away as I sat on the sofa, yawning.

"Good Morning, sleepy head," he wished without looking at me and I just yawned in return. Despite going to sleep early, I couldn't sleep for a long time last night and ended up waking up in the middle of the night with a weird nightmare and couldn't sleep after that until some time before.

"Seems like you're an early riser," I said, and he smiled, turning towards me. "I love exercising early morning," he told and I nodded. His biceps clearly told how much he loved it.

"And guess what?" He smiled showing all his teeth as if we were acting for a Colgate ad as he walked towards the breakfast table, and I could smell hot South Indian food. "I made us breakfast," he said and I smiled groggily.

'Damn, he makes us food. Be my boyfriend already, Manik Malhotra.' My heart whispered to me and I closed my eyes tight, hiding my stupid morning thoughts.

"That is so nice of you," I bit my lower lip. "I'd make us lunch" I promised.

"Without burning the kitchen down?" He asked and I glared at him, and then rolled my eyes.

"I am the best chef in this world, okay?" I flaunted and he made an I-am-impressed face.

"We'd see that for lunch. Now, come on the table please. I'm hungry," he said sitting and I walked to the table, tying my hair up. I was glad I already brushed and did the morning chores before coming out.

He had made Idlis' and Coconut Chutney. "South Indian Food fan, eh?" I asked and he nodded, smiling as we both took food in our plates.

"South Indian food is not the only thing I like. I love South Indian girls," He teased making weird seductive face and I burst out in laughter.

"You're cute," I said in between smiles and he frowned.

"I'm hot, not cute," he said arrogantly, glaring his cold eyes at me and I loved to disagree. "No, you're cute," I teased and he rolled his eyes, but did not say anything ahead as we continued eating our breakfast, making small conversations about college.

Manik:

I won't be back for lunch... got stuck somewhere. If I don't return until evening, be ready at seven. I'd directly pick you to go to my house.

2:07 PM

I re read the message for the fifteenth time since afternoon before combing my hair.
After breakfast, Manik took a shower and said he had to go somewhere out, and would be back for lunch. I had nodded, and after he left, I picked out Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani to watch on my Netflix, my all time favourite.

I made Punjabi food for lunch because he made South Indian for breakfast but all the food ended up going in the refrigerator anyways. I was disappointed and I couldn't figure out why.