30. Cursed

Hi fam!

We touched a milestone today.

30 chapters. 100K views.
9.5K comments.
And such a beautiful journey.

Team Stars, y'all rock.

Happy Reading! I have a feeling this is one of the most awaited updates.

✿ ✿ ✿

name: Cursed
word count: 4300 words
published on: 17th Oct, 2019

✿ ✿ ✿

100K special.

[ unedited ]

Important: You have to remember that five years have passed away. Five years is a really big time to hold a grudge against someone. It doesn't necessarily mean forgiving them or giving them a second chance; but letting your anger subside a little in the overwhelmness of seeing someone you love after a long, long time is human.

Please try understanding the situation both ways instead of picking sides, however, most of you are already on Manik's, so I have written this part in Nandini's PoV.

It's important to keep in mind that she has too, been through a lot. And after going through life changing accidents, trying to live again is not easy. It requires a lot of strength and courage.

' You can be mad at someone, and still miss them.'

– To All The Boys I've Loved Before.

N A N D I N I

"I– what?" I could barely take in what he just asked and this was an immediate response. "Murder? Did you just say murder?"

"I think I did," he replied back, casually.

"I haven't murdered anyone," I asserted, crossing my hands against my chest. I wanted to apologise, yes, but that doesn't mean I have to take in a blame for something I had not done.

He stood silent for a very long time, his gaze fixed at one place outside the window and I couldn't quite point at what. Probably it wasn't really that long, a few minutes, but that silence was enraging in a way I couldn't really understand.

Couldn't he just tell me what played in that thick head of his?

He then turned towards me, only for a brief second, his eyes a little lost, as if conveying something I couldn't put a finger on. I felt puzzled, and that's exactly how I kept looking back at him before he turned away again. The sunset was so beautiful, why would he want to even look at me?

"Tell me...," he said, his voice tired yet raspy, and I knew he was debating all this time, "Do you know where Mukti is?"

"I–," my words dried in my throat. "What do you mean?" I asked, slightly horrified of what the answer to my question could be.

He turned to me, his expression stone cold as he opened his mouth to say something but stopped when the cabin door opened.

Jeff walked in.

"Manik..." she was in a trance but her voice faded when her eyes reached us standing in a very distant corner of the room and talking with cold expressions. "Sorry, should I come later?"