9. Falling Hard

name:- Falling Hard
word count:- 3500 words
published on:- 4th Feb, 2019

✿ ✿ ✿

*unedited*

N A N D I N I

"Manik?" I barely whispered. His eyes held the same shock as I did. "What are you doing in my house? Have you sabotaged in?" He asked, stepping away and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yes, I was planning to rob it, but that bathroom... damn, I decided to take a shower first," I gave him a sarcastic smile, "You know, chori karne mein kitni mehnat lagti hai. And pakde gaye toh policestation ka bathroom bhi acha nahi hota. Toh I thought pehle shower hi le leti hu!"

"So funny. Joke tha? Hasu?" He asked, with a monster mode on. I battled my eyelashes at him. "Tum kaise hasoge? Tum toh monster ho na," I retorted.

"Yes, right, Monster hu! And monsters are bad men. Meine tumhaare saath kuch kar diya toh!" There was a sudden excitement in his voice as he stepped towards me, rubbing his hands together. My eyes widened and I took a step behind, realising I was just in my towel.

"Socho, mein aur tum akele, kisi ko pata bhi nahi chalega," naughtiness glanced in his eyes and if my eyes opened any wider, I'm sure they would pop out at any moment.

His hands slowly touched my waist, gently holding it and my heart heated faster than it ever has. "Manik, tum— mein— you— tum," I stammered but I could never form a sentence as he stepped closer and I was sandwiched between the wall and him.

"Yes, Nandini... me and you," he teased, a smirk on his face making his sinfully hot face look even more beautiful, if that was ever possible.

"Manik, tum— my voice kept drying in my throat and I kept forgetting what I was about to say when his lips were just an inch away from my cheeks, his hot breath fanning my face. My hands nervously held my towel from below, making sure it was in place.

I didn't want my towel to fall off and a scene it happen. Me standing in front of Manik Malhotra in my lingerie. Ew!

"Nandini," He said huskily and I shut my eyes tightly, scared. No Nandini, Manik is not such a boy. He wouldn't do anything. No hanky and no panky. Shh, don't panic.

"Manik, I—...," I whispered, stammering.

"Nandini, tumne iss baar nahi roka na, toh I swear mein kiss kar hi dunga," He whispered huskily, trying to control his laughter and I was brought back to my senses with a thud as if a sharp pain that broke my bubble.

I put some strength together and kept my hands on his chest, pushing him a little farther but his hand on my waist still kept us close. "No Manik, I know you won't do that," I told him, capturing his eyes.

"And why do you say that?" He asked, but the tease in his voice was so clear. I bit my lower lip.

"Because I trust you," I said slowly. The smirk on his face disappeared and he withdrew his hand from my waist, stepping away. Did I say something wrong?

He blinked at me a few times before smiling genuinely. "You should go inside and change," he said and I nodded, staring down before walking to my room and shutting the door, not before giving Manik one last glance.