3. The Break Up Saga

name:- the break up saga
word count:- 2900 words
published on:- 16th October 2018

✿ ✿ ✿

M A N I K

"She slapped me!" Cabir cried again, repeating the same statement for the hundredth time and I munched on the packet of potato chips in my hand as he continued his sob story and I rolled my eyes at him.

"She said she wouldn't date me anymore. She does not love me!" He murderer the feather pillow in his hand and I tried giving him a weak smile, not knowing what to say ahead. Aryamman was great with this love advices and stuff while I sucked at it. All I could do was smile which made him cry more.

"Cabir, why don't you go to Aryamman with your sad story?" I tried saying it as politely as possible and he snapped his eyes at me.

"Meine tujhe paal poske bada kiya, aur tu mujhe yeh kahega? Yeh? You just asked me to go away? Yaad kar voh din jab tu sirf fifth standard ka tha and you liked this girl called Priyanka. Kya kiya tha usne, hmm? She called you an Eiffel Tower and poked a pencil in your arm when you told her. Tu mere paas aaya tha roh ke And I took your revenge from her. And you do this to me, send me away when I need you? You don't love me anymore Manik, jabse tune Nandini ko kiss kiya hai na, the bromance has died!" He blamed casually and I rolled my eyes at him.

He did have to remind me of that, isn't it? That was like what-... an hour back? I got my first kiss and my first punch together. And that too from a potato. First she kissed me, and then she punched me. What logic was that?

"Then why don't you go and talk to Navya? What did you do? Tune hi kuch kiya hoga na," I scolded and he looked at me with sharper eyes. "Tu meri side hai ki uske?" He shouted and I sighed. He always used emotional blackmail against me. A best friend's favourite work to do!

"Uske. Ab bata tune kiya kya hai?" I raised my eyes and he smiled sheepishly. "She said she wanted to dance toh meine bas usko thoda dance karke dikhaya. And guess what? She slapped me. She said agar meine usse yeh pehle dikhaya hota toh she would have never dated me. Me? She rejected The Cabir Dhawan?" He went into the sobby mode again and I squared my eyes. Why would she hit him for dancing?

Isliye logic simple hai. Don't fall in love. Either you destroy love, or love destroys you. The choice is yours.

"I think we should go and meet her!" I concluded. "I don't want to talk about Navya!" He shouted at me and I nodded, eating my potato wafers again.

"But what if she thinks that I don't love her anymore, isliye meine call nahi kiya?" His face showed fear and I nodded again. "Possible hai bhai, she's Navya. Aadhi filmi duniya mein rehti hai. Don't be shocked is you find her married to someone else tomorrow morning in her anger. She keeps getting inspired by daily soaps!" I laughed to myself and then immediately stopped when I saw Cabir staring at me with narrow eyes.

"You're just making it worst. Tujhe kyu nahi samajh raha ki mujhe Navya ke baare mein baat nahi karna?" He shouted louder and I sighed, whispering an okay.

"But I think you are right. Ek call se kya hoga?" He smiled a bit picking up his phone and within the next ten seconds, his face was covered with anger and before I could decipher, the phone went crashing down and broke into two, the screen breaking away. My eyes were stuck on the phone with sympathy for it.

Cabir was still flaring. "She didn't even pick my call see. Tere vajeh se mera phone bhi toot gaya! Bola tha meine I don't want to talk about Navya. Tu hai ki chodta hi nahi!" He shouted and I looked away, eating my potato chips again. Small tip: never talk to a friend who is hungry and angry in love at the same time and if the friend is someone like Cabir, then toh bilkul nahi. Orelse the news headlines of the next day might be about your death. So kindly stay away.