7. The Flirt's Drug

name:- The Flirt's Drug
word count:- 3500 words
published on:- 6th January, 2019.

✿ ✿ ✿

N A N D I N I

"It's 11:11 Manik, make a wish!" I shouted in enthusiasm as my eyes fell on my phone that showed the time and he scrunched his nose.

"11:11, seriously? Are you a kid to believe that 11:11 can complete a stupid wish?" He was amused and I glared at him. Time with Manik passed away easily and hours passed like minutes since we were talking and neither of us seemed to have minded that.

"You believe a dying star will complete a wish of yours, then why can't my 11:11 do?" I pouted and he put his hands up in defeat.

"Acha, toh wish for your 11:11 before it goes away!" He agreed and I smiled proudly as I closed my eyes.

I crossed my fingers thinking of the wish that first crossed my mind. Aiyappa, please take care of my amma and appa, and make amms fine soon. Keep everyone around me happy, Abhi, Mukti, my new friends—

"Ho gaya?" I heard him complaint and I opened my one eye in irritation, asking him to shut up and closed it quickly again.

And Manik too. I added quickly, then opening my eyes totally and giving him a goofy smile.

"Itna kya maanga? Maang hi rahi thi toh mere liye bhi Paris mein ek penthouse and helicopter maang hi leti!" He yawned smirking lazily and I nodded in disbelief.

"I asked for happiness, of everyone around me," I smiled and he made an I am impressed face, nodding. "Meri bhi?" He asked and I sighed smiling.

"Tumhaari bhi," I whispered informing and the goofiness of his face was replaced by a genuine smile that touched his eyes, making them sparkle by the reflection of the stars admist the darkness.

"Coffee peeogi?" He asked and I nodded, half smiling. "Hot chocolate," I corrected and he laughed, nodding.

"Im changing your habits gladly, Mr. Malhotra," I played along as he shuffled a giggle and got up.

"You are becoming my habit, Ms. Murthy," He whispered back in the huskiest voice with a breathtaking smile on his sinfully beautiful face as he winked and the red hue crept on my face.

My phone rang in my hand but my eyes were locked with his and they continued staying lost in him as he walked backwards towards the stall until he disappeared from my eyes and I returned to the phone.

"Hello?" A scream from the other end of the phone broke my trance as I fell from the castle of my imagination to the ground with a bubble break.

"Hey hey abhi sorry!" I murmured in haste. My best friend is going to kill me. This is the thing about my best friend. Jab hum free ho, tab kabhi call nahi karenge. And they have to call in every wrong moment and disturb you. It should be illegal for best friends to have so much liberty. They should be put in jail.

"Manik ki aankhon mein dekhna ho gaya toh Earth to Nandini!" He shouted from the other end and my eyes widened. Had he kept some spies behind me?

"Abhi— tum... tum kahan ho?" I stammered laughing nervously and the voice from the other end stayed silent for a few seconds that felt like forever.