42. The Sun and The Moon

Hi fam!

I'm sorry for keeping y'all hanging. I'd started writing this update a week ago, but I fell sick and couldn't continue writing until today.

Also, I've written a new OS! I've already shared the story cover and details on my Instagram. I'm so excited!

I know I'm an annoying writer on most days, but I've been having thoughts on abruptly ending this book. I don't want to make you wait long for updates and I've been losing interest to continue this, mostly because of the lack of response from your side.

Please let me know if you're still here and want to read the book ahead.

I promise that you and I can make this work, but that's possible only if you'd step forward and let me know you still like reading this book.

Thank you and Happy reading!

✿ ✿ ✿

name: The Sun and The Moon
word count: 3300 words
published on: 10th June, 2020

✿ ✿ ✿

The next day,
5PM:

The next evening, we decided to go to an amusement fair, which was an annual event, held a few hours away from my town.

Here's the thing: London isn't exactly famous for the play fairs. The fairs here are usually limited to books and furniture exhibitions, but there are a few annual fairs, full of amusement rides and cotton candy stalls and roller coasters and a giant Ferris wheel; and here's one more thing: I had never been to such a fair.

Back in India, I grew up in Mangalore, where such things were there, but nothing even barely close to the ones shown in movies. In Mumbai, my time was short, and I was more focused on studies and my friends, and it didn't matter where we hung out as long as we were together. To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure still if even Mumbai had the kind of fairs that I always dreamt about.

But this, this was exactly how you'd picture it in an English movie, how I always imagined my first fair to be: it was on the edge of the cliff, a few hour drive from my house. There were food stalls, and a lot of them. Besides that, there were rides of moving unicorns and dashing cars, one roller coaster that went through an artificial water pool, and one big Ferris wheel, which could overlook the sunset and the rest of the city.

I was pretty sure I wore my excitement in my eyes, when we got out of the car after the road trip full of music and songs.

For people who's music won hearts a few years ago, you'd think it'll be pleasant hearing them sing again but it wasn't, trust me. They were miserable. All four of them. So much, that I actually spent most of the time laughing and couldn't sing more than a few lines with them.

"First time?" Manik asked me, and I looked at him as he stood beside me, putting his hands in his pocket, wearing his signature smile.

I nod, "You?"

"I've been to a few with Zubin," he told me, "We used to travel a lot when our parents just got married."

"What happened then?" I ask.

"We grew up," he said in a breathless whisper before he drew a smile.