14. Date Night

name:- Date Night
word count:- 3800 words
published on:- 10th April, 2019.

✿ ✿ ✿

[unedited]

N A N D I N I

It was New Year's Eve today. The year was coming to an end and we had an off for a week from college. It was cold, probably one of the coldest nights in the month. I was up from sleep since a few hours, but refused to get up from bed as I kept snuggling more into my blanket for warmth which surprisingly failed to do so this very morning.

I know you'd find it odd how I loved staying up at night. But for me, it was... peaceful. I could stare at the empty walls for hours without the fear of anyone judging me. I could be myself while the world goes still and calm like someone paused everything. It was the most natural therapy when my mind went chaotic.

"NANDINI!" I heard a shout and I almost flinched as I raised the blanket off my head to see an enthusiastic Manik enter my room with coffee mugs in his hands.

I sighed, giving him a sleepy smile, "you know you're not supposed to enter a girl's room without permission, right?"

He made a fake surprised expression. "I wouldn't have, if I wouldn't have been knocking outside your door for the past few minutes. I figured you were asleep and came in to wake you up," he informed and I smiled sheepishly, embarrassed.

"And it isn't an everyday thing that I have a girl sleeping right next door right? You're the first girl I've been used to having around... sharing houses with," he said, pointing around and I smiled as I got up, yawning.

He smiled huskily, placing the coffee on the side table with sugar on the side. "Get ready, today is an amazing day!" He sounded excited.

"And what is today?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, it is 31st December, we have so much to do!" He said, before giving me a goofy smile, "and also, today is our date," he smiled and my eyes widened.

I had almost forgotten. Almost.

"Oh right!" I say, hiding the nervous smile as all the anxious butterflies come flooding in. "Date" I repeated, more to myself.

"You look nervous," he teased, smirking. "Nervous? Me? Not at all!" I squeaked, sounding like Ross when he says I'm fine.

He laughed as I took the coffee, stirring it and followed him out, then tying my hair into a bun. I covered the coffee with the plate he had got and then moved to the bathroom to brush. "What's the plan though?" I ask.

"Uh, not much! I haven't planned anything special, though there's a place I have in mind. I'm sure you'd love it," he smiled and I smiled back. Shit, I had nothing in mind to wear.

"Uh, also... I am going to be out until evening. I'd directly pick you up at 9?" He asked and I nodded when our phones buzzed together. He looked at me and I at him, confused as we picked our phones.

Mukti added you to the group Fab 5 and extensions. It immediately buzzed again.

Navya:
Extensions? Seriously, Mukti? You called me and Nandini extensions?