6. Starstruck

name: starstruck
word count: 3500 words
published on: 19th December, 18.

✿ ✿ ✿

N A N D I N I

I walked into the third house for the day, all exhausted and tired by the house hunting. I always thought finding an apartment would be the coolest thing ever but now I know how I was horribly wrong. It just included judging a couple of apartments for nothing and looking for areas where you could compromise.

I initially liked the first apartment I went into, but the area wasn't very appropriate because it had a slum dwelling beside it, so I had to reject. The second apartment was too small to be used just by myself, leave alone sharing with a room mate.

Yes, I wanted a roommate. Not that I was not capable of living alone, but because the idea seemed nice, to have someone with you all the time. And two girls is always the best combination, we could go shopping together, she could teach me how to cook, we would have slumber parties together and it would be so much fun.

I walked into the lift of the fifteen storey building placed in the centre of the most elite buildings of Bandra. Every bit of the Society screamed elegance and though I instantly liked the building and the area, I was afraid I would be charged a bomb.

The apartment my broker showed me was on the tenth floor, a two BHK flat with huge wooden doors and marble furniture, it was simple yet beautiful and felt perfect for a girl like me.

"This is the apartment, ma'am," my broker held the door for me but I ignored him, mesmerised with the apartment already as I walked in trance.

It had a huge living room with a big television set and a black and lavender couch with fur mattresses and golden yellow lights hanging from above, which instantly reminded me of my fireflies.

On the opposite side was a modular kitchen and a small dining area, and in the centre was a passage that lead to two rooms, and one of them had a huge balcony that faced the greenery behind and could see the sun rise.

Every corner of the house was white and was decorated vibrantly with different colours, making it look like a wonderful mosaic. Anyone who would once come into this house would never want to go out, this place was as beautiful as Home.

"Are you sure, this apartment comes into my budget, Mr. Sahai?" I asked hesitantly. It would be such a shame to leave this beautiful master piece for being above my budget. Maybe I could compromise a bit with shopping and books to pay the rent?

I didn't want to take more money from my family although they would be more than willing to help me buy this beauty altogether. But I didn't want to, I was here to prove I could live by myself like an independent girl.

"Since the rent will be divided by two, yes ma'am," he nodded and I let out a deep sigh in relief.

"So do I already have a roommate?" I asked enthusiastically and he nodded again. "I just finalised the deal a few days before, but your roommate will shift in before you, ma'am. You can sign the papers tomorrow if you please and shift in, in a few days," He informed and I nodded happily.

"Okay then, I'd see you at your office tomorrow evening?" I asked and he nodded shaking my hand as he left and I gave one last glance to the apartment, following him.

I was very young when I lost my parents in the crash and I lived with Amms for a few years and then with my Chacha-Chachi, all of them never left anything to make me feel loved and happy. But that was not my home. They were houses where I lived.