16. Jealousy

name:- Jealousy
word count:- 4500 words
published on:- 4th May, 2019

✿ ✿ ✿

[unedited]

M A N I K

"Rise and shine sweetheart!" I greeted walking into her room as I opened the curtains, letting some sunlight flow in and she snuggled more into her blanket like the sleepy head she is, snorting.

"Monster Manik!" She called out, pissed, trying to cover herself with the blanket more and more. Fun fact: teasing a half sleeping girl could be fatal for you.

"We barely slept four hours ago! Don't you have any job to do, don't irritate me. Piss off!" She threw a cushion and I laughed, opening the curtains even more and then even the windows. Another fun fact: I loved teasing a half sleepy Nandini.

Before I could open my mouth to reply to her accusations, the door bell rang. I scrunched my eyebrows, walking out of her room and then to the main door. It was 7AM, and we usually don't have visitors this early in the morning. Actually, we never have visitors at all.

I opened the door to a man, almost as tall as me, muscular, his fists clenched, panic in his eyes that he hid with anger.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I asked, confused.

"Where's she?" He asked. Not a word less, not a word more.

"Who's she?" I asked, confused as he suddenly took a step ahead, clutching my tee shirt and pouncing on me like an angry wolf.

"Don't play smart, Malhotra. I know who you are, asshole. Just tell me where my girl is?" He shouted and I was too taken aback to defend myself.

"I don't know who you are and I don't know who your girl is. I mean, I know I'm hot and irresistible and stuff, but I don't steal slash kidnap girls; especially not if they belong to other men... who look like ostriches..." I mumbled the last part under my breath as he left my collar.

"Ostrich? Did you just call me an ostrich, you six feet giant cockroach!" He grumbled back and I squeezed my eyebrows at him.

"Cockroach? Get your eyes checked, mister whoever, I'm hot and you're jealous!" I shrugged, making my collar right. He rolled his eyes at me, and then sighed.

"Yeah, that's what she said. You're hot!" He mimicked in a girl's voice and I smirked. I just have this, you know— I'm irresistible by even commuted girls.

"Who said that?" I smirked, "your girlfriend?"

"Y—..." he was cut off in between by a certain scream of my roommate as she walked out of her room wearing an oversized cardigan.

"Oh my god Abhi!" She shouted pouncing from where she was into his arms as his relieved arms wrapped around her, hugging her as tight as he shouldn't.

That's surely not how I wanted to start my morning.

"You said my girl wasn't with you!" He hissed, still not leaving her. I tried forcing on a smile. Take your hand off her, you asshole.

"In my defence, you never said she was your girl!" I said, but it came out more like a taunt as Nandini left him and turned to me, raising an eyebrow.

"Abhi, he's Manik. My housemate" Nandini said sheepishly, tucking a hair strand behind her ear. Housemate, seriously? Just then, I remembered how I had introduced her to Inaaya. Karma's a bitch, really.