45. To Love Too Much

It hurts me so much to know that despite the amount of efforts I put in, only very few people like to comment willingly.

But who cares about the writer as long as you get to read the next chapter of the book, right?

*Enjoy.*

~~

A U T H O R ' S     P O V

A lot of people love the sky. They think of it as something more than a storage of gases and clouds and vacuum like science makes it to be.

The dreamers look at it as if it is a portal to another world, as if by getting lost in its enchanting colours for hours, they would actually fall through it someday and see something more than the promised planets and stars on the other side, something more than they could imagine, full of colours that a human eye couldn't even begin to comprehend.

To be honest, on some days, it is just what the scientists make it to be- all air and blue and clouds. Plain, dull and boring. But on the other days, it dresses in prepossessing colours, and becomes a spectacular sight, a special treat for the dreamer's eyes.

That particular evening, the sky was a little bit of both.

It started with a melodious pink with hints of blue, almost resembling stripes of cotton candy. It stood vibrantly, as if releasing beauty and peace from its every corner. But more than that, it emitted love. And the love was quite evident when Manik had delicately held Nandini's face and kissed her, with the setting sun on one side, and the rising moon on another.

It quickly turned into lavender, and then dark purple. The stars were more prominently visible now, playing their own game of hop-skip-jump, disappearing and reappearing behind the cloud cover according to their own convenience, shining like glimpses of naughtiness behind a toddler's happy eyes. Dark purple. It stood for mischief.

But before you could enough of that colour, it changed again. This time it was blue. But not the ocean colour, one that makes us think of all things pretty. This blue was dark. Persian. Laced with clouds that covered the stars. It didn't stand for calm and tranquility like it usually does. It stood for chaos in persistency.

When the first droplets of rain touched the ground, the sky was an ash grey. It indicated how nothing is truly in our hands, and how change is quick to happen. The wind was rustling passionately and the unexpected shower soon turned into something much more when thunder roared in the night sky and flashes of blinding lightning were seen. It was a thunderstorm.

The sky turned pitch black only when the thunderstorm was at its peak. It was wild and it was terrifying in a way that scared everyone who dared to watch it. People in the town packed early and shut the windows of their houses extra tight that night, because if nature had a way to regain control and spread destruction, this was it. The most powerful thunderstorm that the people had seen in the past atleast twenty years.

I think everybody has some wild in them, the knack of adventure, to do something reckless with no regrets. But anyone who would see a young girl standing in the middle of the road, at the centre of a brewing thunderstorm wouldn't call her wild, they'd call her stupid.

Maybe that was what she was. Stupid. But that didn't stop her from standing there and drenching in the rain, her brown eyes fixed at the Augustine Hospital that stood opposite her with an unfathomable emotion in her eyes.

She stared at it as if it was her sweet dream that was snatched away and turned into a nightmare. Maybe that was true. Maybe not. Truth being told, she didn't exactly know what she felt anymore.