39(A). Run

✿ ✿ ✿

name:- Run
word count:- 4500 words
published on:- 18th April, 2020

✿ ✿ ✿

N A N D I N I

Manik's scream froze my heart. It took me a brief moment to realise that staying grounded and numb in my place wouldn't help the situation.

Something was wrong.

Navya was staring at me with the same horrified expression when I stood up from the couch in a swift motion, but Cabir seemed unusually calm.

"Cabir..." I asked, "What did you do?"

He just smirked in return.

Ignoring his face, I and Navya rush to the door of my house, which wasn't very far but still felt like a thousand miles away in that brief five seconds.

And we found Manik... fit, and fine. Standing there.

Except that he was dripping form head to toe in confetti.

"Oh shit," I heard a soft dreadful murmur, and someone peeped her head out from behind.

"Um... surprise?" Aliya grinned nervously and I couldn't believe my eyes. I don't know what was more amusing for me– Aliya being here or Manik being covered in confetti.

But either ways, I hugged Aliya tight as I ans Navya burst out laughing at a Manik Malhotra standing there fuming with glitter all over his face and neck and confetti sticking to his clothes.

Cabir appeared from behind, smirking, "There's a reason they call me Cabir Dhawan."

"Cabir has planned this surprise, and I really thought he would be the one to open the door, I am so sorry," Aliya apologised for the twentieth time after Manik took a shower and we all settled down again.

Apparently, when Cabir came here and we left for breakfast, he had called Aliya and texted the address. She came here to surprise us, but Cabir– when the last time he visited Aliya, had poured water in her at the entrance as a 'surprise gift' and was sure Aliya would get back at him, so he purposely sent Manik to open the door.

He said it was his way to 'break the ice' of the room.

"So," Cabir dramatically cleared his throat, "Friends and beautiful fiancé, we have all assembled here to be able to talk about something important."

"Abhimanyu's return," Navya agreed.

"Abhimanyu's return?" Aliya asked in horror stricken eyes as she almost got up.

"Yeah, she's late to the party," Cabir mocked pulling her down to the couch.

"First, we have to tell Manik and Nandini something," he eyed the two girls and I could feel goosebumps rising.

"Oh, that story," Aliya agreed slowly.

"Yes, that story."

✿ ✿

C A B I Rflashback, the day after Abhimanyu and Amms died, on the way back from Mangalore.