01 | first greetings

AERI
5 years old

"it was moon aeri, right?" the nun asked me: the clueless girl who didn't knew, why she ended up in this rusty old house. well yeah i did, but why would i stay here, i could have just stayed home with mom.

"y-yes..." i stuttered, following the nun from beside. she was leading me somewhere, but i didn't knew where. she is the only one i got from now, so i had nothing but to follow her.

"mm okay aeri, well from now on you would be staying with us. we would take really good care of you, okay? and if someone wants you, they will adopt you." she explained, but as a 5 year old kid, i didn't knew what it meant. i just cluelessly nodded my head.

adopt, what does that mean?

"call me sister from now on, okay aeri?" the nun, which now i should call sister said.

"y-yes sister, but sister. what is your real name?" i asked curiously.

sister chuckled softly, as she let her fingers run through my tangled hair. "my name is nancy, sister nancy~"
no guys, not from momoland hehe.

i smiled, nodding and focused forward.

it was dark, every time we took a step the wooden floor would creak. we reached a long hallway, with doors from the sides that lead into rooms. we continued walking, till the far end of the hallway.

"this is where you'll be staying aeri, they are no girls but these are really nice, and loving boys. they are sleeping now, so greet them when you wake up~" sister nancy placed her hand on the doorknob, she twisted it open, and bunch of boys who sat on the floor laid their eyes on us.

"boys, oh my! it's past your bedtime, what are you doing still awake?" sister nancy quickly rushed towards them, kneeling down, cupped one of their cheeks.

a boy with blonde, bob hair frowned. "sorry sister, we couldn't sleep~" he spoke with a smooth voice.

"sorry sister, we'll sleep now." a tall boy, who seemed to be the oldest from the group stood up, bowing.

"ah, it's okay mark, it's okay no need to apologize sweetheart." sister nancy smiled at him, while i stood shyly playing with my fingers.

sister nancy quickly glanced at me, with a big bright smile. "it's okay all of aren't sleeping yet, because i want you to introduce to someone." sister nancy gave me a sign, to come closer, so i did.

"boys, this is your new roommate, new friend! moon aeri." sister nancy placed a hand behind my back, as she watched me and the boys' first greet.

"boys, and aeri please sleep now and we'll meet each other again tomorrow when we're having breakfast." sister nancy smiled, she kissed our forehead before leaving the room.

once she left, silence passed by.

"hello, my name is mark. i'm the oldest, and the one who is in charge." a tall boy spoke, bowing his head, and sent me a smile.

a boy laughed. "my name is chenle, i like to laugh!"

"my name is renjun, it's nice to meet you~" he smiled with teeth shown, you could see one of his tooth was a bit messed up, yet it looked cute on him.

"na jaemin, but you can call me nana!" he took my hand, shook it.

"jisung, the youngest." he smiled.

a boy with the cutest eye smile, and also the brightest smile. "im lee jeno!"

"i'm lee donghyuck, but please call me haechan." he smiled, his smile somehow melted my heart.

"well, im aeri."

we stood in an awkward silence, till the oldest clapped his hand. "bedtime!"

i looked at their beds, there were two bunk beds on the left side, right side there was another bunk bed, and a single bed.

there wasn't enough space for me.

"hyung, where is she going to sleep?" a smaller boy spoke, jisung scratched his head and blinked.

"uh....." mark thought.

"she can sleep with me!" donghyuck happily said, jumping up and down. mark smiled, and nodded his head.

"okay then haechan."

donghyuck smiled at me, grabbing my wrist as he led me to his bed. he let me lay on the wall side, i laid as i saw him tuck me into bed. he laid beside me, and watched mark turned off the lights.

"aaaaaah!" mark screamed, as soon as he switched the lights off.

"hurry hyung, before the monsters come!" chenle screamed, as mark ran as fast as he could, and threw himself on his bed.

i chuckled, and everyone chuckled a long. i remembered that, i used to do that, when my big brother would turn off the lights with me, he would scream saying monsters are running after us.

"hehe, goodnight hyung!" jisung said. there everyone said goodnight to each other.

"we'll be good friends aeri!" donghyuck smiled, then turned to the other side.

note; hehe, hope first chapter was good! goodbye!