30 | new girl

AERI

i could sense that every time i get near donghyuck, his body would be stiff and same goes to his face. he's being really shy, and quiet for a while. i hope he wouldn't, i want him back.

we were all in the room, silence filled it. jisung who helped chenle how to play chess, mark was of course reading comics, renjun being dead interested to his files and continued to study it more, jaemin and jeno cuddling warmly on the bed, me blankly staring at donghyuck who was looking out of the window.

i could feel mark looking at me. i eyed him, and our eyes sparkled when it laid on each other. i smiled warmly, and before i could see his smile i decided not to wait but glanced back at hyuck.

the door opened, it made a long and slow creak which dragged all our attention.

i thought it would be sister lina or something, that's why i slowly covered my wrist so she wouldn't be seeing it. you know, my moon bracelet. renjun who grabbed a pillow, and placed it on top of his file.

but no. it wasn't sister lina, or a sister.

my eyes looked at a girl, yes a tall pale girl. she had long brown wavy hair, it was silky and shiny. her face was well shaped, she had wide, beautiful, hazel eyes that made everyone want to stare into it for eternity. her lips were amazingly tinted red, and plumpy.

she shyly closed the door behind her, and eyed the new people in front of her while playing with her fingers.

"u-uh who are you?" chenle asked straightly, raising his eyebrow.

she cleared her throat, and tucked a strand of her hair under her ear. "im a new orphan, in this orphanage." she spoke.

there was silence, fifteen seconds of silence.

mark stood up, and walked towards her, stuck out his hand. "my name is mark lee, welcome to our family." he welcomed her, smiling friendly.

"welcome to our family." mark's voice spoke inside my head, which made my heart ache a bit. is she entering our family? its fine for me, but i have a feeling that something more would change.

let's hope not.

"i'm shim yeri." she said, and bowed also grabbed mark's hand and shook it. everyone circled around her, being curious.

this reminded me of my first day here.

i didn't mind, and walked to the half circle they made and stood beside hyuck.

i looked at him, smiling. but he was stiff, and didn't even glanced or eyed me. he didn't even smile.

"hyuck, please?" i whispered, leaning closer to him. but mark called out my name.

"would you like to introduce yourself to yeri?" mark asked, as the boys made way so she could see me.

i gulped, didn't even noticed that all of them already spoke their name to her. "of course." i smiled.

"my name is moon aeri." i bowed, as she bowed back. "im the only girl in this family, but finally im not anymore." i lied, i would like to stay the only girl here.

"ah, haha well that's good." she smiled.

mark eyed hyuck, and gave him a nod. "o-oh, yes um.... my name is haechan." he awkwardly smiled, yeri smiled back.

"so how'd you end up here?" jaemin asked curiously, and wrapped his arm around jeno's.

"u-uh, oh.... well you see.. my mother has been away for more than weeks. i stayed home alone, starving and had no one to go to. not even my friends.... because i had no friends, a family because i don't know where they are. so i decided to drop myself here." she told us her story, which made us stand in silence.

"don't worry, we'll be your new friends." jeno shyly said with a low voice, her face brightened up and a glowing and wide smile appeared on her lips. "oh, really? thank you~"

i smiled.

yeri eyed hyuck, they smiled at each other. my heart made a small crack.

note: hello, i am starting to like the look alike jeno at school, not that look alike he just reminds me of him.