13 | the sunshine

AERI

"wake up, breakfast is calling." mark shouted loudly, while clapping. loud enough that we would wake up, in sync. "hurry, you don't want sister lina whooping our butts!" mark warned.

i let out a small groan, and felt my fingers twitched, my toes curled and the sunlight brightly shown on my face. too bright, it is making me blind.

"close the curtains please~" i whined, closing my eyes again. mark chuckled softly. "it is closed."

i slowly opened my eyes, and saw the sun. yes, the actual sun is donghyuck.

my eyes dilated, after seeing him right beside me with closed eyes. i quickly sat up, and by my quick movement it caused him to wake up.

i saw myself sitting up on the bed, blanket covered my body and beside hyuck. how did i end up here?

"your must be thinking, how you ended up there?" jaemin winked, it's like he just read my mind. "u-uh...." was all i could say.

"hyuck lifted you up in the middle of the night, i woke up easily." jeno exposed, making hyuck wide awake and he looked like he was ready to attack him.

"shut up jeno, or else i will choke you you little shit!" donghyuck spoke aggressively, pointing at the black haired boy who laughed non stop.

is this his game again? even though he might be faking this, i would still love it and enjoy even if everything was fake. that he cares for me.

"what is shit?" jisung asked curiously, glancing at donghyuck who spoke the word.

donghyuck cluelessly shrugged his shoulders. "i don't know, i heard it from someone." he said, stretching but still laying down.

mark who was making his bed, questioned "from who?"

donghyuck let out an exhale, and sat up. "from sister lina." he replied.

"yeah, i heard her calling us little shits." renjun snapped his fingers, but we all were still clueless what it meant.

chenle smiled happily. "maybe it's another word for orphans." he gave a guess, everyone nodded and was actually impressed at what chenle said.

"maybe it is." they all said in sync.

"anyways, we are still doing our plan." mark informed, the boys happily clapped their hands and was excited.

mark glanced at me, smiling. "are you joining?" he asked, i could feel everyone staring and probably hoping i would.

"no.... sorry." i said, mark smiled. "it's okay, no need to apologize."

"anyone ready for breakfasts?!" mark asked positively.

"no!" we all said in sync.

...

after having the terrible breakfast, we were all about to head to the art room. apparently the boys are doing their plan later, because they picked a specific time where sister lina isn't around that much.

i walked beside renjun, while we walked behind the others. i was about to say something, but something stopped me.

it was sister lina. with a small girl, around 5 years old. "you little shits!" she screamed, catching our attention.

we all turned around, smiling at the little girl. "take care of her, she's a new one, treat her well." sister lina said, and left us without saying anything else.

i kneeled down, and grabbed the little girl's hand. "hello there, my name is aeri. what's your name?" i asked friendly.

"is she a new shit?" chenle asked who was at the back, since everyone was tall he needed to jump to see. "mhm." jeno hummed.

"m-my name is bora." the little girl spoke shyly, smiling at me and squeezed my hand. "well you'll be staying with us. wanna come with us in the art room?" i asked, standing up still grabbing her hand.

"okay, i like drawing!" she said happily, the boys suddenly looked dreamily at the girl. "she's cute!" jaemin squealed!

"you're cute too." jeno spoke.

once we entered the art room, she quickly sat on a chair and looked at the paint materials.

donghyuck and chenle played basketball inside, even though it wasn't aloud but they still did along with jeno who was unsure about their playings.

renjun shows jaemin his paintings.

mark and jisung read comics together. he was helping jisung.

"can you help me?" bora asked, i nodded smiling at her. i kneeled down so i could have a good position.

i handed her a small brush. "this is a brush, you use it like a pencil." i said, and pointed at the paint. "draw it with this paint, but it's called painting instead of drawing."

bora dipped carefully the brush, on the color red. "what now?" she asked nervously.

"then you paint it on the paper, paint whatever you want, whatever you're thinking of now." i said, she enjoyed and happily painted.

"good, that's a heart!" i said, clapping my hands to cheer her. "yes, a heart!" she clapped along.

for a reason i felt eyes on mine, slowly and carefully i looked around but everything were doing their thing.

expect donghyuck. he was standing still, looking at me with a small smile on his tinted red lips. i blushed, when he showed a wider smile.

it's been so long since i have seen that. so long.

i didn't managed to smile back, when the basketball suddenly hit his head directly making me giggle.

"yah, you little fool!" donghyuck ran towards chenle, pulling him into a headlock.

ah, that dork.

note: SOOO I deleted this note because I wrote sumn not so good, so sorry yeah I shouldn't judge but I think what I meant was I was just super surprised and shocked. I apologize.