08 | sister nancy

AERI
14 years old

dinner sucks, it's like breakfast.

"so, we have an announcement!" sister lina shouted loudly, her voice echoed inside the big canteen which gave all the orphans goosebumps.

i gulped, for some reason i was scared. i have always been scared, scared of sister lina. she's cruel, and arrogant. i wished that sister nancy would be the leader, instead they chose her.

"are you okay?" donghyuck whispered in my ear. "huh? yes, i am hyuck." i replied, giving him a fake smile. "your hands are shaking." he raised an eyebrow, and gulped and awkwardly bit my lips.

he grabbed my hands, and my body loosened up making me feel much more relax by his single touch.

"okay, so." sister lina cleared her throat, and looked up at us, orphans.

"sister nancy will no longer be part of this orphanage. she left." sister lina simply explained, there were gasp in the room and whined. no one was happy about this.

"why did she left?!" renjun raised his hand, asking the most questioned question right at that moment.

"because all of you are rats, no one wants to take care of you, but i get forced. anyways, go to your room now!" sister lina shouted.

orphans did what she said. while walking our way to the room, me and the boys had an interesting conversation.

"i don't think sister nancy would leave, just because we are rats." jeno started off, mark snapped his fingers. "agreed."

"do you think there is another reason?" the youngest asked, pouting.

i scoffed. "of course there is, sister nancy wouldn't just leave us. you know how much she loves us, how much she loves kids here. she would feel bad, and would never just leave us." i said, and squeezed his hand tighter.

"do you think this must have something to do with sister lina?" jaemin asked, licking his lips.

"that sister lina might not like her?" renjun questioned. "maybe." mark rubbed his chin. we all stood in front of the door, and waited for someone to open it, but no one did.

"hello, haechan open the door?" renjun said annoyed.

all the boys' eyes looked down at our folded hands, their jaw dropped as they started squealing and shouting.

"woah, woah, woah! why are you guys holding each other's hand?!" chenle laughed, pushing me and hyuck closer to each other.

embarrassed i quickly let go of hyuck's hand, and stood beside mark to keep a far distance away from him.

"ahaha, i knew something fishy was about the two of you." the youngest smirked, teasing his elders. "yah, it's called friendship idiots." donghyuck defended himself, opened the door as we all walked in.

"well, let's sleep shall we?" jaemin yawned, stretching his arms.

yes, donghyuck and i still share bed. sometimes it's awkward, it was never normal again like before, but i try to make and act normal.

i laid down, and faced the wall as i felt donghyuck's body beside me. "goodnight friends!" chenle said happily, as he turned off the lights, still he ran as if a monster was running after him.

i smiled, i remember my first day here.

note: okay, this sucks now eeeh.