17 | planning

AERI

the day came, my heart beating fast and i was still unsure that i joined this mission. we are now sitting on the art room to plan our mission, to make sure we won't get caught. the art room was underrated in this orphanage, often it would be only me and the boys who would visit this room.

technically orphans aren't interested in art. art is beautiful.

"okay, so as we planned jaemin and jeno search everywhere in the orphanage, i mean everywhere. there might be a room, we never entered before."

"chenle and jisung, keep an eye on sisters and distract them if you see them going to the places we are."

"renjun, and donghyuck check inside sister lina's room, check her closet, cabinets and etcetera."

"then me and aeri would check the office."

"i will repeat this, if you hear footsteps coming near you, leave or hide. don't hesitate. leave or hide okay?" mark asked, being the best and good leader ever.

we all nodded and sync.

"okay, we just ate breakfast now lets start this." mark stood up, dusting off his clothes. we stood behind mark, as he opened the door.

we all stepped out, as they all run their way. i stopped when me and hyuck eyed each other, he unsurely smiled and i didn't reached to smile back when i felt mark's grip.

"lets go aeri." he said, i nodded my head and tip-toed our way to the office. when we reached the door, we stood in silence and mark glanced at us.

"if sister lina is here, let's just say that someone is fighting out in the playground." he whispered, i nodded my head and placed my palm on the doorknob.

i slowly twisted it open, and the office was empty. me and mark smiled ridiculously, and stepped in, gently closing the door.

"search." mark whispered.

i nodded and looked around. the office wasn't that big, it wasn't too small too, it was normal. i spotted a book shelve, and started searching for some files or clues. but no.

i sighed, and kneeled down at the drawers sister lina had. i opened them, but all they got were useless things.

"mark, nothing is here." i sighed, and looked up at him. he stood beside the cabinet, and looked at me. "same here, but there's gotta be somewhere here." mark said positively, and frowned.

"okay, let's keep checking-"

we heard footsteps, then a knock on the door was heard as my heart skipped a beat. i quickly eyed mark, who also had the most widest eyes ever.

"sister lina, can i come in?" another sister spoke on the other side, i quickly ran towards mark and grabbed his arm.

"where do we hide?" i whispered nervously, while mark looked around and tried to find a spot.

"sister lina?" she spoke again.

mark quickly pointed at the opened window, he quickly pushed me toward it. "jump down!" he whispered.

i looked at him, as if he was a crazy person, maybe he was in this point. "mark, do you want me to die?" i asked, as mark looked down.

"there's a really big pile of leaves, it'll be fine!" he whispered shouted. i shook my head cowardly. "no."

mark pouted, he quickly stood near the window and grabbed my back. he back hugged me. "it'll be fine." he said.

"im coming in." the sister outside spoke, we heard the doorknob creaked as it twisted.

"now!" mark shouted, then jumped out as we both screamed our lungs out. i felt like flying, but falling too.

mark luckily fell on the soft, and smooth pile of leaves as i turned around and faced him.

"we are crazy mark, really crazy! let's not do this again." i frowned, i placed my palms on his chest, slowly pushing myself up.

"yeah, i totally agree, let's check out how the others are doing." mark said, i pulled him up as we both jogged our way in the orphanage.

note: ich bin tired :(((