18 | failed

AERI

we opened the door of sister lina's room, and saw a shocked and frightened hyuck and renjun.

"how's it here?" mark whispered, renjun slapped mark's arm angrily. "oh my, you guys scared us!" renjun frowned, pouting.

"everything is fine, but renjun is making me try out sister lina's lipstick which is disgusting." hyuck said, giving the elder a death glare.

"seriously? mark was making me jump down the window, much more worse." i said, squinting my eyes at a giggling mark.

"anyways, nothing to be found. i have a feeling the files are in the office." hyuck said, frowning and tapping his shoes on the floor.

i eyed hyuck. "we searched there, and we couldn't find some clues." i said, hyuck pursed his lips. "try harder next time." hyuck said in the nicest possible way.

"okay so-"

mark was cut off, when the door opened without any knock or a voice that's said something like "im coming in."

i widened my eyes, and ended up grabbing hyuck's hand tightly. frightened, i squeezed them tighter when i saw sister lina's eyes on mine.

all of us stood frozen, like a statue.

"what is this about?! why are you all in here?!" sister lina screamed angrily, and stomped her way to us.

i gulped, and looked at the boys, waiting for someone to speak a lie or something. luckily mark, the oldest, the leader spoke.

"w-we thought you were here." mark spoke, stuttered as all of us gulped in sync. "and what made you think, that i was here?" sister lina asked.

i could see mark's sweat rolling down, it was like his tongue was cut off and he couldn't speak anymore. then, i was the one who spoke, to protect us.

"we wanted to tell you something, b-but you weren't in the office so we came here to check if you were here." i said, grabbing hyuck's hand tighter.

the boys let out a small exhale, since they probably kept their breath in.

sister lina glared at us. "but still. who told you to come here without any permission huh?" sister lina grabbed mine, and mark's ear.

she dragged us out, while renjun and hyuck grabbed our arms and followed us from behind.

"ow, ouch!" me and mark whined every time, sister lina pressed harder. and dragged us aggressively.

when we reached out of her room, she finally let go of ur ears. "now, renjun and aeri clean the basement! mark and hyuck clean the kitchen!" sister lina said.

"little shits." she muttered as soon as we turned our back on her. we walked in silence, till the youngster came, skipping their way to us.

"hello hyungs, hello noona!" jisung blocked our way, smiling widely. "so how did it went?" chenle asked.

"you fool! you guys didn't do your job good! you failed!" hyuck said, almost like screaming.

the youngsters flinched, and frowned at their older brother's attitude.

mark glared at hyuck. "stop that donghyuck." he said, then eyed the boys in front of him. "you guys did well. let's try next time okay? now go play, or something." mark patted their head, as they skipped their way to the playground, still like kids. so cute.

"why're you holding hands?" jaemin appeared out of nowhere, with jeno.

i gulped, and looked down at hyuck and my intertwined fingers. i quickly pulled my hand away from him, and stood beside renjun.

"we will go and clean the basement...." i said, turning around before they could say something else.

i could feel my cheeks blushing, like i am turning into a tomato.

note: sorry if this starts getting boring! :((