39 | an idiot

MARK

it's been a half hour, since aeri left the orphanage and was finally set free. all the boys were in the room, quiet, and bursting out crying.

the boys' eyes were covered with red veins, puffed and wet. it's like they want to bury themselves, under the blanket for eternity.

i mean, who wouldn't be so depressed when a family member left. what's worse is: what if we never see her again? even worst, what if this family splits up and never meet again?

i cried too, i have never cried in front of the boys, or aeri. i do that often, either i go to the toilet or i would secretly cry when we sleep.

i remember how much i cried, when sister nancy was gone. i cried almost the whole day, the boys would notice, specially aeri and she was worried. but i made an excuse, and told them that i got in trouble, got punished and cleaned the attic. i said that the dust made me sniffy, and got red eyes.

i was always hiding behind that wall, but i broke it free today and cried. it's nice to cry out.

aeri's happy now, which is good. i don't, and never want to see her with tears because it breaks my heart. i want her smile, and joyful.

but. i forgot.

then, i remembered a person, that made my anger boil so hard.

aeri is also upset.

i looked around, everyone was quiet and as i said still crying. "i will be right back." i spoke with steady voice, wiping my tears away.

i made my way out, and reached the playground. there i saw yeri and donghyuck, playing like little kids in the playground. look at how happy they are, look at how happy donghyuck is, and still not knowing the news, because he decided to be such a fool.

"i swear this loser." i muttered to myself, my hands were balled into a tight clenched fist.

when i got nearer them, they noticed my presence. they saw me as if there was dark, grey clouds behind me, striking lightning which signaled them that i was angry. already looking into my eyes, it's filled with sadness mixed with anger.

yeri looked scared, and eyed haechan who also looked scared and confused at the same time.

"lee donghyuck, you bastard!" i screamed my lungs out, that scream i made was aggressive and shakey that scared them. it's suppose to, which was successful.

yeri gulped, and opened her mouth. "hyuck, s-shall i leave you-"

"go right now yeri, you don't want to see this." i spoke arrogantly, pointing a direction towards the exit of the playground.

yeri was shakey, and ran away, finally leaving me and donghyuck.

i glanced at donghyuck, nostrils were wide open and my chests pumping out and in by my heavily breath. fists were ready to swing, i wanted to, but i didn't wanted to.

donghyuck's eyes showed fear, yet a bit of bravery was in it.

"you idiot!" i shouted, i placed my palms on his chest and pushed him harshly on the rough solid floor.

small scratches, and wounds were left on his arm.

he looked up at me, eye corners were bent down. "h-hyung." he spoke, slowly standing up again.

i grabbed his collar, pulling him closer and let my blue tears fall down. his eyes widened, seeing me first time cry made him surprised.