Chapter 3

After two hours of the little maniac road trip, a woman in her late 20s stood up in the front of the bus. She put her fingers to her mouth and made a horrifically loud noise. At least she got everyone's attention, because we all got quiet.
"Hello everyone!" she said but no one replied. "My name's Emily, and I'm going to be your... let's call it leader, for the next couple of months." She continued and smiled. "This summer will be all about getting to know your weaknesses, and your strengths. You will all be tested in friendship, trust and honesty. And your journey starts now." She said and I could hear Jake chuckle from the seat next to me. I looked at him and smiled.
"Your first task, will be right here, right now." She continued and said; "I want everyone to sit next to someone you don't really know. Someone, who you've never really talked to. And if that someone, doesn't exist in here, then at least sit next to someone who's not your best friend." She said and looked over at Stella and Jake who were now sitting next to each other.
"Yes ma'am." Jake said and pushed Stella out of her seat so she ended up on the floor.
"Hey!" Stella said and got up, laughing along with everyone else on the bus. Emily gave Jake a serious look and then said; "that was a very good example of how not to do." Jake laughed and repeated; "Yes ma'am." We all looked around at each other. Suddenly everyone were running and jumping over the  seats because they made eye contact with someone new. I, on the other hand, didn't make eye contact with anyone. I ended up next to the guy who helped me with my necklace earlier. I was kind of nervous. I mean, he's pretty hot. His jawline was strong and perfectly formed and his nose was probably the most perfect nose in the entire world. How had I not noticed how gorgeous he was? And I guess that's kind of sad. The fact that you don't notice how beautiful someone is, until you end up sitting next to them on a highway to hell. You're on your way to hell, and that's when you notice how close this wonderful creature's always been. I shake the thoughts out of my head and return to reality.
"So is this it?" Will and Daisy said at the same time. Like I said, they're "the twins".
"Yes, this is it!" Emily replied to their question. "But believe me, it's harder than it looks to sit next to someone you don't know for three hours." She said with a smile and looked at me. Why was she looking at me? Damn, chill, I won't bite him. While everyone in the bus started talking to their new neighbor, me and mine were quiet. Well, at least until I had enough and decided to break the silence... Which was after like 5 minutes. I don't really like silence.
"I'm Y/N." I announced and twisted my body so I was facing him.
"I know. Question is if you know who I am." He said and smiled.
"Wow okay. So this is the way you want to play this?" I said in a challenging voice.
"I'm sorry. It's just, you didn't have to introduce yourself. Everyone knows you're Y/N Y/L/N. Not super popular, but not geeky. You float along perfectly fine, unless you count all the hours you spend in detention. You're not smart, but you're not dumb. You're Y/N. Everyone knows that." He said, leaned his head and looked at me with a smile.
"Fairly predictable." I said and raised my eyebrows. "Now would you please tell me who you are?" I asked. "Or at least your name?"
"I'm Cameron." He said, smiled and then turned away from me.