Chapter 22

PLEASE READ:

okay, so I accidentally posted the wrong chapter last time. So please go read chapter 21 again, as I updated it. This chapter, chapter 22, is the one I accidentally posted last time. So please, please go read chapter 21 since it's a completely different chapter and that'd mean a whole lot to me💘

--------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning. I looked around in my messy room.

"Couldn't she at least clean it while I was gone..."I mumbled and picked up my phone from the bedside table. I pressed the home button and I didn't expect what I saw.

17 missed calls

2 new voice messages

25 unread messages

I sighed deep and put my phone away. I knew they were all from Cameron. As I sat up in my bed, mom knocked on my door.

"Good morning honey." She said and entered the room. She picked up a few shirts on her way over to me. "How are you feeling?" she asked and put her hand on my cheek which caused me to smile.

"Feels like I'm all over the place. But much better." I said and stood up next to her.

"You up for some breakfast?" she said.

"Not really..." I said and looked down on my invisible floor.

"Oh come on. Tiffany's your favorite." She said and took my hand.

"I guess I'm always up for some Tiffany's." I laughed as she pulled me along with her. "Can I at least change first?" I asked and looked down on my pj's.

"Since when have we changed clothes to go to Tiffany's?" she said and looked at me like I was stupid. That was our thing. Whenever dad wasn't home, we'd go down to this little café called Tiffany's every morning in our pj's. They have the best of the best of everything. From coffee, to pastries, to dinner, to breakfast. I guess now that dad is moving out, we'll do this a whole lot more often.

As we sat at our usual table, in our pj's, with our usual orders in front of us, my phone started buzzing. I looked down on the screen and saw the main cabin's number. I ignored it as I knew it was Cameron. Again.

"Are you going to answer that?" mom said and looked up at me as she took a sip of her coffee. I didn't reply, just kept stuffing my moth with bread. "You can't ignore him forever. Sooner or later, time will catch up with you..." she put her coffee mug down. "Plus he won't stop calling until you answer. And from what I've heard, he's a stubborn one." I looked down at my knees.

"I'll call him later." I sighed and realized this was all stupid. Mom mumbled something but I didn't bother asking what.

A few hours later, 4pm, I found myself on the beach. My hair was in a beautiful braid my mom had done. My toes were dug down under the sand. It was a little bit cold as the afternoon breeze started to set in. My hair was blowing with it and so did my loose tank top. I did my best thinking here. I'd always come down here when I was in trouble or when my parents were fighting. Sometimes, I'd just go down here and things would clear up. That was what I was hoping for today. Some clarity. I had my phone laying on my towel next to me. Sometimes I'd tear my eyes from the blue ocean and look at it. Wondering if he'd call again or if I should be the one calling him. And just as I thought that thought again, it started ringing and the same number as before was visible. I quickly took it in my hand. I hesitated a bit before pressing, not the red, but the green button for once. I didn't say a word.