Chapter 31

We were floating in the water. Inches away from each other. I felt his hands on my waist as I rapped mine around his neck. I looked him in the eyes. It was like in a movie, you know, when music is played and just as it accelerating, something beautiful is about to happen. Even though it was actually dead silent around us, music was played in my mind. Lyrics that matched up to our moment perfectly. I thought about what he said up there. I'm lucky to have your eyes on me. I understood what he meant now. Because I wanted his eyes on me, and no one else. In my mind, the music was accelerating. Would out beautiful movie moment even happen?

Cameron's p.o.v.
She hadn't looked at me like that since the day we faked Chris' disappearance. I felt safe. Just as I did that night. She made me feel safe, even though nothing had really happen. She slowly put her arms around my neck and I felt how my whole body got goose bumps. I didn't want to ruin anything. Even though I wanted to kiss her so bad... I couldn't. Not without her giving me some sort of sign of it being okay. Not until I knew she'd forgiven me.

Your p.o.v.
The song in my head was almost over and I started questioning if we'd have a special moment or not. Maybe he'd moved on. Maybe our time apart had made him forget about us. Was this all just a big mistake? I kept looking for answers in his eyes. I felt hopeless... Until I saw something. Just one little muscle move in his face, making his lips form a cute smile. His eyes broke our connection and looked down at my lips. I couldn't care less about being in the cold water at this point. Just kiss me for God's sake, I thought. I moved a little bit closer. So did he. At this point, his face was just a total blur, and I was staring at a beige lump. And as the music in my head almost faded away, he kissed me. And it was like the music got a total restart and pulled one last melody. One last melody, for our special moment. His cold lips on mine. His hands on my waist, holding me up so we wouldn't drown. And as the kiss ended, so did my music. But that was all I needed. Just that moment, and I was sure. He hadn't given up on us either.
"Whatever, are you two love birds done yet?" Jake shouted from far. I smiled and Cameron laughed.
"Would it be completely, out of this world, wrong for me to say I love you?" he whispered, just an inch away from my face. I licked my lips and closed my eyes.
"Not at all." I whispered back. "Say it again."
"I love you." He said slowly.
"I love you too." I said, and opened my eyes to meet his.
"Are you cold?" he asked and backed up a bit so he could see my face properly.
"Like hell." I laughed and we started moving towards the others.
As we got to the big cliffs the others were sitting on, I was met by Stella's excited look. I smiled at her and she smiled back at me. I took Cameron's hand as he helped me up on the cliff.
"So..." Jake sighed. "What's for dinner?"
We laughed at him. Typical Jake. Always hungry, always funny. My best friend ladies and gentlemen.
"Well, since you've all been so incredibly great today. We'll of course end things with a bonfire." Emily said and we all looked around at each other. Smiles were exchanged and hands were hold.
"Let's end this summer right." Stella said and intertwined her fingers with Jake's. It has already ended pretty good, I thought.
"Let's end it our way." I smiled.