Chapter 25

I spent the night at my grams and gramps. Mom went back home but she'd come pick me up in the morning so she could take me back to camp. I still didn't know if what I felt for Cameron was feelings of friendship or feelings of relationship.
I walked down to the kitchen and was met by the smell of pancakes. Grams specialty.
"Good morning." I said softly and sat down at the table. Gramps peeked behind his newspaper and grams turned around by the stove.
"Good morning sweetie." They said, both at the same time.
"Did you have a good night's sleep?" gramps asked. I smiled and nodded. I took the juice box, which was standing on the table, and poured some in my glass.
I probably ate a little bit too much pancakes, but after resting my stomach for a few, I was ready to leave.
We were standing outside of the beach house. Mom just arrived and I had to say goodbye to my grandparents.
"Bye sweetie. See you after the weekend then?" grams asked and hugged me tight.
"Of course. I'll be back before you know it." I replied with a smile. My grandpa gave me a hug and tapped my shoulder.
"I've talked to your grandmother. After many but's and if's, I got her to change her mind. We're keeping your spot forever sweet pop." He smiled and let go of me. I smiled back at him. He'd done so much for me for so long. And I would always be thankful for both him and grams.
"Alright. We better get going then!" my mom said and caressed my back a little before getting into her car.
"Bye." I smiled and got inside as well.
We spend hours in that car. I saw it as something good. We were listening to music as we drove down the highway.
"Are you ready?" mom asked as Fix You was played on the radio.
"Not really. But I have to be." I sighed and faked a smile.
"Don't take what you had for granted." She said. I listened to what she said, and believe me, I took it in. But it wasn't so easy when my mind was in two places at once.
The songs on the radio didn't exactly make me feel better. They had some sort of "sad-marathon" because sad song after sad song was played.
After stopping at in-and-out for food, listening to the same sad songs over and over, talked and laughed for what felt like forever, we finally got back to the camp.
And I got the worst flashback. To when we arrived and we didn't know how this whole thing would play out. I remembered when we got out of that bus for the first time. We didn't know each other back then, and little did we know we'd all become best friends. I looked out the window and I hadn't realized it was raining.
"I'm just going to head back home right away. Have fun now sweetie." Mom said as I got out of the car. I had my bag in my hand.
"Yeah, I'll do my best." I smiled and then she left me. I was all alone. I started walking up the path towards the main cabin. Suddenly Jake came walking the oppose direction as me. He was almost running since it was raining.
"Need some help with that?" he laughed and pointed at my bag. I smiled and gave him the bag.
"Hurry up, dinner's ready." He said and started running with his hand over his head. I did the same. We got inside and I met the smell of Emily's homemade pasta with chicken. I took my jacket off and walked further inside behind Jake. Everyone was gathered in the living room as I walked inside. Cameron was the first to spot me. He stood up from his seat in the couch. He didn't say a word but it felt like he was staring into my soul with those hazel eyes of his. I didn't know what to do, so I just quickly sat down next to Daisy.
"Hey." I said quietly.
"Hey girly." She smiled and gave me a hug. I hugged her back but I never took my eyes off of Cameron.