Chapter 6

Cameron's p.o.v.

I went down under the water again and faced her peaceful face. I didn't like the way she looked peaceful. It made me feel like I'd already lost her. I took a grip around one of the rocks and moved it. It didn't go fast, but at least it went. It moved like an inch and I could finally lurk her foot out of there, so I pulled her in by the waist and dragged her to the surface. Just as I got her up above the water, I could hear her cough.
"Hold on, Y/N, I'm getting you out of here. Hang in there." She was breathing but her eyes were still closed.
"OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. Y/N!"
"SOMEONE GO GET EMILY!"
"CALL 91-FUCKING-1!"
"Y/N!" I got to the jetty Jake and Will pulled her up right away. They put her down on the ground and I was up faster than I was down.
"Hey, Y/N." I said and took a grip with my thumb on one of her cheekbones and the other fingers on the other cheekbone. She carefully opened her eyes and started coughing water. In that moment, Emily came rushing down from the cabins.
"Let me through!" she said and pushed away Mo and Stella.
Emily took her up to the cabins and the rest of the group followed. Except from me. I was stuck on the jetty. In that moment, I didn't realize what I had done. I didn't realize I had just saved her life. So I was stuck. Like I was moving in slow-motion and couldn't move. Jake turned around and walked back to me. Even though he was moving really slow, I could still hear him clearly.
"You just saved her life, Cam." He said and hit me lightly in the arm to show he was thankful.

Your p.o.v.
I looked around and saw everyone sitting around me.
"What happened?" I asked drowsily and looked at Stella.
"You... Uh... You stuck between two rocks in the water." She said and I looked at her confused. "You almost drowned, Y/N." she said and looked down at her feet with a tear building up in her eye.
"Who was it?" I asked. The only thing I remembered was that I saw something under the water and that's it. I didn't remember I was stuck. I didn't remember how or why.
"Cameron." Jake said quickly.
"Where is he?" I asked and sat up slowly.
"No, Y/N... You should get some rest." Stella said and pulled me back down.
"No! Let go of me." I said and got out of her grip around my arm. "Where is he?" I repeated and stood up from the bed.
"Uh... He's still at the jetty." Jake said. I looked out the window and spotted him with his feet dangling down from the wooden jetty. I left the others and walked out of the door. I never lost sight of him. Step by step I got down the stair from our cabin. I jumped over a few stones and roots before walking over the narrow pebble road. I felt how the pebbles under my feet were replaced by grass. As I put my right foot on the jetty, it started creaking. Cameron didn't notice though. I slowly walked up to him at the end of the jetty. He was looking out over the night sky, a slight breeze hits us and I could see how he shivered.
"Thank you." I said and looked out the same way he was looking.