Chapter 15

I took a bite of the pizza.
“Oh my God” I said at what I just put in my mouth.
“Good?” he asked curious and watched me take a bite more.
“Good is an understatement”
“I told you. Didn’t I tell you?” he laughed. In that moment the others came into the kitchen. Cameron started putting slices on plates for the others.
“Wow…” Stella said as she took her first bite.
“Perfect huh?” I said with my mouth full of pizza.
“Dude, it’s like melting in my mouth.” She said amazed and took a seat at the dinner table. I laughed along with Cameron.
“Good. Now, eat. Because there’s like 10 more pizza’s and I didn’t make them for nothing.” He laughed and took one himself.

After eating what felt like 2000 slices I started feeling how my stomach gave up. I’d changed place from the kitchen island to the couch. Cameron had joined me while everyone else were sitting at the dinner table. They were in the middle of a game of poker and it was awkwardly quiet because of the “poker-faces”. Cameron and I were watching an episode of One Tree Hill.
“I’m still not over the whole Keith situation.” I sighed.
“I don’t think anyone is.” Cameron said and stroke my hair. I had my head in his lap. His hoodie still keeping me warm. Candles were lit up every here and there in the cabin. I looked up at him and smiled.
“What?” he asked and smiled when he noticed.
“Nothing.” I smiled and let my fingers intertwine with his. He continued watching the episode.
“I love you too.” I whispered after watching his eyes being stuck on the TV for a few minutes. He looked down at me once again.
“You heard?” he asked quietly and let our finger intertwine, un-intertwine and then intertwine again. I nodded. He leaned down and kissed me carefully on the lips. He ended it with a kiss on the nose.
“I mean it.” He said and pulled back a little bit of my hair.
“So do I.” I said as my hand found its way to his face. I let my thumb move back and forth over his cheek while I looked into his eyes. “I really do.”  He smiled and kissed me again. In the background I heard Lucas, one of the major roles, saying:

“Sometimes it’s easy to feel like you’re the only one in the world who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, or unsatisfied at barely getting by. But, that feeling is a lie and if you just hold on; just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find the way and make it okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes, someone to help us hear the music in the world. To remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there, and that someone will find you.”

And I think I’ve found mine.