Chapter 12

The next day, Emily woke us up at 7am.
“I know this isn’t your favorite place to be at on your summer break.” Emily said.

I was sitting between Cameron’s sweatpants-dressed legs, leaning my head against his chest. His fingers were playing with my hair. I tried not to smile, but it was hard not to when I felt his heart beat faster for every time I said something. My fingers were making small circles on his knees while we listened to Emily speak. I didn’t know how we’d gotten each other this close so fast, but it just came naturally.

“So today we’re going on a little field trip to a place I think you’re all going to appreciate.” Emily smiled and looked at all of us excitedly. “Get dressed, we’re leaving in 10.”
“Wait? We only have 10 minutes to get ready?” I asked and sat up, feeling my back get cold as it left Cameron’s warm chest.
“It took you lazy teens 40 minutes to get here, you had the time but you chose to spend it in your beds.” She said with an undertone on ‘beds’. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I felt how Cameron sat up behind me and quickly placed a kiss on the top of my head before running off with the other boys. I stood up and saw Stella looking at me chocked. She started gesturing like a fool at the couch where me and Cameron just sat.
“This.” She said with more gesturing. “That, right there.” More gesturing. “Don’t think you’re getting away with that-“ more gesturing. “-without telling us.” She laughed and stopped gesturing.
“We’re in a rush.” I said, laughed and pulled her with me.
“Fine. But you’re telling me!” she shouted as we left the main cabin and headed to ours. The morning fog lay thick over the camp and the ground was wet.

I put on a pair of shorts and a white tee. I dressed it with a few rings, Vans and a watch. I had no idea where we were going, but this kind of worked for every occasion.
“Does this look alright?” Daisy asked me as I put my hair up in a messy bun. She was wearing a cute little blue dress. Her long blonde hair was hanging over her shoulders and her feet were covered with a pair of white converse.
“You look really pretty.” I said and smiled.
“What about me?” Mo asked.
“Yeah, and me?” Stella asked. Why were they asking me for help? I laughed a little bit inside. Mo was dressed in a pair of black shorts, with a black and white striped, long-sleeved shirt. Her brown, curly hair was in a ponytail and her feet was dressed with a pair of sandals. Her ankle was decorated with a small, silver anklet.
“Mo, gorgeous.” I said and looked over at Stella who was dressed in a Nirvana tank, tucked into a black skirt. She had a pair of black Vans on her feet and her long black hair was hanging down her back.
“Mysterious like always.” I smiled and played with her skirt.
“Oh well thank you miss always perfect.” She laughed. It’s funny, because we all have such different styles, but it always end up looking good together. And I’ve only been friends with Mo for like a week and a day, but she matched in perfectly fine with Stella, Daisy and myself. I think we were keeping her even after this little adventure. Who knows, it could be a fun story to tell everyone when we get back.