One of the Boys

Yue

He stole the ball from his opponent did a crossover move, and eventually delivered a three point shot which made the crowd especially his fangirls wild...

Go HeDi!!

I cheered. He saw me waving in the crowd. I saw him wink and smiled at me mischievously before going down for defense.

Their team won by a margin. Thanks to my bestfriend, star player Wang HeDi.

And I'm Shen Yue... Wang HeDi's best buddy.

"You move so slow for a star basketball player Di. I've been waiting here for a lifetime." I complained after seeing him walk out of the lockers.

"If you are that impatient, why didn't you get inside?" he said with a smirk. His hair still wet from the shower. He changed from his jersey to a more comfortable track pants and a shirt.

"And what?... get scandalized by half naked guys walking around with just towels on their waists... No... i just can't take that torture." I started walking away.

"It's not that bad. Besides aren't you one of the boys?" He caught up with my pace and blocked my way then leaned forward so that he could match my height. HeDi is towering over me with his 183 centimeter height while I'm this petite girl who stands at 160 centimeters. Talk about extreme height difference... that's HeDi and I.

I stopped on my track and slightly leaned myself towards him standing on my tiptoes so I could look directly through his eyes...

" Do I look like a boy to you? Look at me... I might dress like this... but I AM STILL A GIRL!!!" I said defiantly then I pushed his annoying self out of my way and proceeded walking as fast as I could out of that corridor. With him and his fangirls following me with their stares.

Yue!!! Wait!!!

I heard him call out to me. I sped up my pace so that he can't catch up and after spotting the girls bathroom in the corner, i quickly entered it and locked myself up. Good thing it was empty!

"Damn you Wang HeDi!" I fumed.

"Me?!? one of the boys?!? Really?!?"

I checked myself out in the full length mirror of the bathroom.My hair is short which i tied in a pony today. Some fringes stubbornly went loose and framed my face while my bangs almost covered my eyes.

My face... in my honest opinion is quite plain. Average eyes... average nose... plain mouth... but my features are of a girl not a boy...

My figure is also ordinary but i think it is well proportioned to my height...

I may dress plainly too... ripped jeans, hoodie and sneakers... i know quite boyish... but it doesn't mean i'm a tomboy you know...

So why does HeDi say i am like a boy when i am obviously a GIRL... can't he see that I am a Girl???

"Damn you Wang HeDi... i'll make you realize that I am a girl not a boy... do you hear me... i... AM...A...GIRL...