Confession

Yue

It's been three days since my dramatic transformation... Where my popularity level from being Ms. Nobody rose to being Campus Sweetheart all of a sudden.

It has also been three days since I last talked to HeDi. I  had been avoiding him like a plague and I know that my actions annoys him to no end.

He invited me to hang out with him and our friends after class three days in a row but I declined saying different ridiculous excuses.

I even faked sickness just to avoid his invitation to watch his game yesterday.

But maybe fate is really not on my side coz here comes Wang HeDi approaching me with a fierce look on his face. I turned around to make a run for it but it was too late... he caught me by the collar of my jacket and forced me to face him.

"What's wrong with you?! are you avoiding me?" he's furious... I can tell.

"O-of course not... why would I avoid you?" I stuttered

"I know you too well Yueyue... so stop lying..." he's still pissed. "Why are you making up excuses just to avoid hanging out with me?.. I know you're just making up excuses...

He dragged me in a corner and with hands planted on his waist and a grim expression om his face he continued to rant at me.

"Why could you walk Mr. Lee's dog when you have been afraid of dogs all your life?... and how could you take care of Mrs. Tan's cat when she doesn't own a cat in the first place?... And if you're sick... why have you been attending classes for the last three days that you have been avoiding me!... will you just quit lying and be honest with me... tell me... why are you avoiding me?"

HeDi is really mad... He is sporting his most serious face at me... brows almost touching... while here I am my palms sweaty... trying to figure out what to say to him.

" Okay... I'll talk... but can we please find some place private?"resignation laced my voice as I look at him with pleading eyes.

"Tsk...Come..." he held my wrist and dragged me upstairs to the rooftop.

HeDi

We've been standing here for a while, overlooking the campus,but this stupid girl still isn't talking.

"What's the matter Yueyue? I thought you said everything's fine between us? Why do I have this feeling that something's wrong? Please.. stop lying already... you know you can't do that to me... I know you too well." I asked her initiating our conversation.

Yue is still quiet, yet I could tell her unease even by just standing beside her.I almost lost count of the number of sigh she made while I wait for her to speak. Then suddenly, I heard her clear her throat and with apprehension lacing her voice she started speaking up.

"Di... were friends... right? she asked

"Of course we are... I wouldn't be mad at you like this for avoiding me if we're not..."I replied as I looked at her.

"If I were to be honest with you, will you promise to not let the words I have to say jeopardize our friendship?" worry suddenly became evident on her face.

Why is she suddenly making this request... my heart is beating double time in anticipation...

"You're really making me nervous Yueyue... will just get on with it and spill it out already..." I acted cool about it but was suddenly rendered speechless with what she has to say...

"I THINK I LIKE YOU WANG HEDI!"

YUE

I've said it! I've finally said it... I felt like I've been holding my breath the entire time then suddenly I am free to breathe again... that kind of relief. then I turned to look at HeDi and felt like taking back my words as I look at his stunned face... I feel like running away but my feet is firmly planted on the ground... I can't move.

HeDi's face turned from stunned to confused...

"What did you say?" he asked.

Why do I have to repeat myself... Damn this stupid boy...

"I don't want to repeat myself Di... I know you heard me the first time." I told him while avoiding his gaze.

HeDi remained silent... And knowing him... I know a lot of things are going through his mind...

"You don't have to stress yourself Di... nothing's gonna change... Our friendship... it's too precious for me... i won't ruin what we have with this sudden realization of my feelings for you..."I said as I gave him an awkward smile.

He's still just looking at me with that confused expression which seemed to become constant on his face since my confession.

"I'm not expecting you to like me back you know... I... I really just want to be honest with you..." Why is he still so quiet... doesn't he have anything to say?I'm really getting nervous now.

"So... we're still friends right?" I'm starting to feel agitated and HeDi's reaction is not helping at all...Maybe he does not want to be friends with me anymore...

This is what's been bothering me this past three days... getting this exact reaction from HeDi... I can't lose our frienship.. And damn this feeling... I'm willing to sacrifice it to keep my friend.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for updating late..

Actually I had a hard time writing this update... and I'm sorry in advance if this does not reach your expectations.

Shout out to my new subcribers!!! Thank you for subcribing... I hope that you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoy writing it!!!

Your votes and comments / reviews would be very well appreciated. I enjoy reading comments/reviews... I learn from them and it gives me ideas on what to write next... so keep them coming!!!

PS.

As you can see in this chap that POV's are written prior to conversations now coz I don;t want you to get confused.. I would be editing the previous chapters too...

sorry for noticing it just now... I hope you Haven't had a hard time reading the previous chapters specially those with changing POVs.. :)