Secret Surprises

HeDi

Don't get me wrong... I... Wang HeDi... is not crazy... I may look a little looney right now... but I'm telling you... I'm not always like this... It's just that I'm overwhelmed by too much happiness that I can't help myself but grin from ear to ear the whole time while staring at this precious ornament encased in a black velvet box which I am holding in my hand right now.

I purchased this the day I arrived in Beijing after my brief vacation in Shanghai... after Yue and I got back together. I didn't know what came over me... I was just so happy and elated with thoughts of Yue filling my mind... that I found myself in a Tiffany and Co. branch in Beijing looking for the perfect ring... But much to my dismay, I found none... so I decided to purchase a made to order one...giving them a detailed description of the design which I think would be perfect for my Yue.

After a week of waiting... It was finally finished. So after my gruelling basketball training... I got to pick it up and eversince I got home... I had been staring at it for a good one and a half hour now. Its sparkle mesmerizing me... a 1.5 karat diamond, encased inside a ring of sapphire gems on a white gold band. My heart is beating on a rapid rate as I let myself be overwhelmed by these onslaught of emotions... Is this even normal? Being happy, nervous and excited all at the same time.

Then suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of my phone...

💜BAOBEI💛 requesting for videocall...

After closing the lid... carefully placing the box on the side table... and making sure that I look handsome... I finally answered the call with a big smile on my face.

"Hey!" I said as I made myself comfortable on the couch... The fresh face of my girlfriend greeting me making me smile some more.

"Hi!" She cheerfully greeted back giving me a small wave.

I took notice of how she sat comfortably on her bed... adjusting her position with her pillows supporting her back. she's wearing her white oversized shirt... her lower body hidden beneath her comforter. Her hair still wet from the shower

"God Baobei... I'm missing you already." I whinned giving her my cutest pout.

"Stop acting cute Dylan Wang... we just talked a few hours ago..." she answered back trying to hide her grin.

"Why do you keep on calling me that?" I asked... curious as to why... she keeps on calling me by my English name... I didn't have the chance to ask her that during our stay in Shanghai, we were too busy spending quality time together that I just let it pass when she calls me Dylan most of the time.

"Why not? everybody calls you Dylan Babe... and I think Dylan suits you better... plus i think it's sexy..." she explained flashing me her naughtiest smile.

"Aiyo! you're getting bold now Shen Yue!" I exclaimed grinning like a fool.

"Why... don't you like your women bold Dylan Wang?"

What's wrong with this woman? Why is she teasing me like this?

"Stop teasing me Shen Yue... or else I might take the next flight to Changsa." I threatened making her giggle in delight.

"Oh alright... I'll stop now. So... how was your training? You look tired Baobei... you still haven't showered..." worry suddenly laced her voice.

"I'm okay babe... you don't have to worry too much..." I said reasurringly erasing the frown on her face. "So... when are you coming here to watch my game? The championship is starting the day after tomorrow."

"Oh... is it? I'm so sorry Di... I can't make it. I have a lot of work to finish and a couple of interviews to do this week and the following days after that." she said looking very sad that although I am disappointed myself, I can't find it in my heart to let her know it.

This is what we signed up for isn't it? We both know that it would be really hard to do this long distance relationship thing... but we still entered it heads on, if its the only way that we could be together.

"It's alright... finish that job and take a long break okay... then promise to tell me immediately when you're free so I could adjust my schedule... so I could be with you." I said giving her a reassuring smile to somehow comfort her.

"Okay..." she said nodding slightly. "Dylan..." she softly called my name I'm starting to like the sound of it on her lips.

"Hmmm..."

"I love you... and I'm missing you terribly..." my Yue's voice barely a whisper when she said those words and I was suddenly at a loss for something to say... How would I react on that when my heart was likely to burst with her sudden declaration?

I could only sigh to control my sudden flood of emotions as I send her my softest smile "I love you too.... and I'm missing you too so very much Baobei..." I said making her smile.

We can get through this LDR thing... I just know we can do it... Our love will find a way....

______________________________

Yue

Dylan.... Dylan... of all English names there is... why did he took this name? It has a sexy ring on it when it roll out of my tongue...

Dylan... Di... God... I'm missing him so much... our videocall earlier made me miss him more... Being miles apart from him is really hard. But we have to make this work... We have to do our best so we could be together.

I promised myself that this time around, I'll stay with him... no matter the distance... or the circumstances we are in... I'll make a way so I could keep this relationship that we have...

I sighed... as I made myself comfortable on the bed burying myself on my pillows... when my vision unconciously went to my passport laying on my beside table. I immediately grabbed it and checked the plane ticket enclosed in it... my plane ticket taking me to Beijing the day after tomorrow... the same day as Dylan's championship game...

I made a little white lie earlier when I told him I couldn't come.The truth is I already finished all the articles and interviews I have to accomplish so I could take a vacation and watch him play his series of games for the championship. I want to be there to support him.

And I will be there... cheering for him on the sidelines while he played his first ever championship game as a pro-baller.

I will be there watching him live... but for now it is my little secret... Dylan Wang is in for a great surprise... and I can't wait to deliver it to him... personally...

____________________________

Author's note:

Thanks for patiently waiting guys... here's an update! enjoy!

-joan