Confrontation

Yue

The night is still young, yet our boisterous party has somewhat mellowed down. the blaring music earlier was replaced by a slow soothing ballad while my friends' loud laughters were toned down to quiet conversations. Even SunQian who was totally drunk is now sleeping peacefully on the couch with Kankan checking up on her from time to time.

Feeling a bit light headed, I decided to head out off the balcony for a while. So leaving my half empty wine glass on the counter, I went out to get some fresh air.

The air is chilly outside... that I feel the cold breeze even through the oversized hoodie I wear. I felt the cold wind blew as I leaned on the railing, making me shiver a little.

"What are you doing out here? Are you trying to catch a cold?" Asked a very familiar voice. .. as I felt his presence approaching me making me uncomfortable with the sudden tension hanging in the air. I felt my throat went dry with anticipation as he settled beside me. Our hands almost touching, that I have to grab the rails tight for support... my knees starting to feel weak.

"Dylan..." I called his name in a whisper.

"I told you to stop calling me that." He said in a very serious voice as he gazed at the twinkling lights infront of us staring nothing in particular.

"Isn't that what's everyone's calling you now? Dylan Wang... the Phenomenal Basketball star... Wow! don't forget to give me an authograph before you leave okay..." I joked trying to lighten up the mood but failing miserably as HeDi shifted his gaze on me adding to my discomfort.

HeDi's eyes never left my face... while I stared back at him drowning myself in the intensity of his stare.

"Why did you left?... That day... what made you decide to leave?" He asked his brows furrowed... as he looked at me anticipating my reply.

This is it Yue... you've been waiting a long time for this. Tell him everything he needs to know... he deserved it. I gripped the rails as if my life depended on it, took a deep breath... then started pouring my heart out as I started confessing.

"Because I love you... I love you so much that I cannot bear letting you ruin yourself because of me. I love you so much that I cannot let you throw away your dreams for me... I love you so much that even though I left... my heart stayed with you... and up until now... I never had the chance to take it back... because my heart... it will always belong to you... and I'm so sorry for causing you too much pain... and I'll understand if you will hate me for the rest of your life for leaving. But I want you to know... that I will never love anyone else... because I will only love you Wang HeDi!" I said as tears steadily streamed down my face... All my pent up emotions flowed like a broken dam as I covered my tear stained face... breaking down in front of HeDi. My shoulder shook as I cried tears of regret for hurting this person who did nothing but love me.

Then I felt him put his arms around me in a tight embrace... and all of a sudden his lips are crashing into mine on a frantic kiss... as I felt his tears mingling with my own.

_____________________________

HeDi

My dreams are finally happening... The woman whom I tried so hard to forget.... yet ended up being kept in the deepest part of my heart is finally in my arms again... and I am not planning on letting her go this time...

Flashback...

She was like an apparition... a beautiful apparition... Clad only in an oversized hoodie, skinny jeans and white sneakers, she looked more like a school girl than a grown woman... yet here I am observing her every move as she went out to the balcony, probably to get some fresh air.