Contemplation

Two years later...

HeDi

Beijing...

"Hey Dylan! Di!" I turned and saw my team mate Kido Ma waving his hands at me. He is currently seated at a table together with the rest of the team.... The Beijing Ducks ... whose currently celebrating our victory at the CBA play offs... earning us a slot at the championship this year.

I have never imagined that I would come to this point... In the past two years, my life had made a 360° turn. Who would have thought that I would get this far? I... myself is still overwhelmed of how my life turned out to be.

I am currently one of the most sought after, up and coming basketball star in the pro basketball league... With offers after offers lining up to have me in their line up.

My schedule is packed with CFs and photo shoots from different products and brands, local and international... wanting me to advertise them.

I still can't believe that Wang HeDi is now Dylan Wang... CBA phenomenon... CF prince and one of China's most eligible bachelors.

"What took you so long?I thought you decided to ditch us..." Kido whined after handing me a bottle of beer.

"Stop it bro...you talk like a clingy girlfriend..."I teased...taking a swig from my beer.

"Hi Dylan..." two girls who were just passing by wearing skimpy outfits which left nothing to the imagination... Called out to him... "Wanna join us?" Flashing him a flirtatious smile.

"No thanks...I wont be long... I have an early shoot tomorrow."he politely declined... Earning him a dismayed look before the girls turned away...

"Tsk...tsk... what a pity... Two hot chick were turned down again... what's wrong wih you dude???" Kido exasperatedly sighed

"I'm just not in the mood." I said nonchalantly finishing up the rest of my drink. "I've got to go bro..." I said tapping Kido in the back as I stood up to leave...

"Bro...why are you leaving so early?! You just go here!" I could hear him call out to me... But I just waved at him without glancing back.

______________________________________

I drove home... riding my newest baby... A BMW i8 in protonic blue to my flat in a highrise building in the heart of Beijing... after parking my car it in its space...I rode the elevator to the 27th floor where my flat is located.

I silently walked towards my door and entered the lock code and was welcomed by the darkness and silence... So I switched on the light immediately to somehow chase it away.

My home is the typical bachelor's pad...with black, white and gray color scheme... And a minimalist interior.
With floor to ceiling windows giving me a breathtaking view of Beijing...

I slowly walked towards my bedroom... I placed my jacket on the backrest of my lounging chair and my phone and car keys in the bedside table. Then I laid on my king size bed... exhausted from the days activities as I contemplated on how my life had been...

Who would have thought that I would be living like this... I have everything a man could ever want... A nice car... a beautiful house... A successful career... A fat bank account...and any woman who's always in my beck and call... But why do I still feel empty? why the melancholy??? It has been two years already.... I should have moved on... But why can't I? What's stopping me?