Vows

HeDi

My palms are sweaty... my pulse is hammering and I'm feeling like I am about to faint... This has been the longest wait that I have to endure in my entire life, and quite frankly it's making me anxious as minutes pass.

What's taking her so long? Did she changed  her mind already?

In case you're wondering... yes... today is the day I'm marrying the love of my life... Shen Yue.

After five months of engagement, we decided to tie the knot here in Sanya, in one of its most beautiful beaches. Together with our families and a few of our closest friends as witnesses, we are about to make our vows of spending our lives together... and the mere thought of that makes my heart race from anticipation.

"Bro... relax... Yue's on her way so stop fidgeting will you..." Xize said giving me a comforting pat on the back which somehow calmed me down...

She's on her way... she's on her way... She's on her way... I kept repeating to myself like a prayer... assuring me that any second now Yue will be here...

I roamed my gaze around the venue. Marveling at how simple and uncoventional the setting is. Our families and friends who are dressed on different hues of yellow and violet are seated on yellow and violet picnic mats scattered on the white sandy beach facing the shore. Happy smiles are painted on their faces. Tiki torches decorated by purple and yellow flowers and fairy lights lined the isle covered in red rose petals. An elaborately decorated wedding arch is positioned at the front center... where Yue and I would be exchanging our vows later... with the magnificent sunset as our background. I can't help but be amazed by how my wife-to-be came up with this kind of aesthetic ideas for our wedding. She's really awesome... and I am one lucky b*stard to be able to marry someone like her.

Suddenly the music signaling my bride's arrival interrupted my quiet reverie. There she is... my Yue looking every inch like an angel in her wedding gown softly blown by the light ocean breeze. her eyes searching for mine as she slowly walked down the aisle.

Our gazes finally met... then she smiled that perfect smile that made my heart beat a little faster and I was almost knocked out of breath by the sudden surge of emotion making me tear up... I am marrying this girl... the  girl of my dreams... what have I ever done to have someone like her to spend my whole life with?... Maybe I'm just lucky.... or maybe.... We're  just simply meant to be....

_________________

Yue

There he is waiting for me... looking like a dream in his loose beige pants and white button down shirt.... wearing that charming smile that always makes my knees go weak as I slowly walked down the aisle towards him.

Wang HeDi... I'm finally marrying him... My best friend and the love of my life... And as our gazes locked with each other... an overwhelming feeling of happiness made me tear up... This is it... I'll get to spend all of my days with  this wonderful man... how lucky can I get?

I slowly closed our distance with every step I take... happy tears blurring up my vision of him... and when I finally got to hold his hand and stare at his face up close, I realized that he was crying too.

"Di...." I said as I reach out to touch his face, wiping away his tears.

He held my hand giving it a lingering kiss before entwining it with his as we  walked hand in hand towards the minister who will be officiating our union...who solemnly made his introduction as we stood by his presence...

"Everyone, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two hearts overflowing with love for each other... to bear witnesses to Shen Yue and Wang HeDi as they exchange their vows that will bind them together as husband and wife... let us hear them as they profess their promises of love for one another..."