Changes

HeDi

Yue!!! Yue!!!

I've searched everywhere but I really can't find her. So I decided to head home instead.

"Damn that girl... she runs very fast..." I whispered to myself as I started the ignition of my car and drove home.

Yue has been my friend since forever. We grew up together. With her room only a tree branch away from mine, being her best buddy is not so impossible. We are so alike, yet so different from each other.

That's why I was really caught off guard with her reaction earlier. I really didn't mean to make her mad. I was only teasing her. But why was she so mad? Did I say or do something wrong?

"Ma...I'm home!" I yelled

"Go change... dinner will be ready in a minute." my mom yelled from the kitchen.

"How's your game?" My dad who was at the living room watching the evening news asked me as I approached the stairs.

" Fine... we won as usual." i confidently answered as i went to my room to change.

As I entered my room I immediately went to my window to check if Yue is already home. Her lights are still off i guess she's still not home. I change into comfortable clothes and laid on my bed for a while. I checked my weibo. My post earlier with a selfie with Yue after the game has gained a number of likes and comments. I suddenly missed this annoying girl.

"Didi... Dinner! " my mom called from downstairs.

"Coming!" I got up to have dinner.. I'll just message Yue later.She might still be mad at me right now but i know she will come around later... she always does.

After dinner...

" Why are you still not home? its late already." i whispered to myself, after checking out Yue's room and finding out that her lights are still off.

I checked our WeChat if she left any messages but to my surprise... there was none.I immediately sent her a voice message.

" Hey Yueyue! where are you buddy? i'm already home...Hmmmm... Are you still mad? Call me when you receive this okay."

I've waited by the window for her reply... 5 minutes... 10 minutes... 30 minutes... an hour... two... three...

Then suddenly the lights in her room were turned on. I quickly opened jy window to greet her...Yue entered the room with a lot of paper bags in hand which she tiredly left at her sofa by the wall. She sat on her bed with her head still down and still not noticing me. After resting for a while she got up and went to her closet to get a change of clothes then went straight to her bathroom to change... Why doesn't she notice me? I am standing here by my window facing her... is she deliberately ignoring me?

She was wearing her favorite PJs when she went out of the bathroom. She went straight to her window... I waved at her... i know she noticed me waving... I was hoping she would greet me or at least she would wave back... but to my utter disbelief... for the very first time since we became friends... she closed her window and retreated without even looking at me...