Chapter 2 - Intro

I drove with the radio on low volume, thinking about how to talk to her about her life choices, without her getting upset. I parked on the right side of the road in front of a green fence when the GPS informed me that I've arrived at my destination. I opened our conversation from before and received a message saying: "Coming!"

I saw her run across the lawn to the front gate, with Maisie walking nervously behind her. They were both dressed in tank tops and miniskirts. Cleone looked better in the outfit because she had a slim body while Maisie, on the other hand, was a bit chubby. I heard the door of the house close with a bang and keys rattling. Somebody was home and awake. I saw a guy with black hair by the window. He had on only his boxers. He peeked from the curtain and closed it quickly when he saw me. Cleone hopped in the passenger seat and closed the door a bit harder than necessary. Maisie climbed in the back seat and took two seconds before closing the door and then again because it wasn't closed properly the first time.

"Hi, Adelynn," Maisie said softly. Her short brown hair was a mess and I could see that she was very uncomfortable.

I just smiled at her in the rear-view mirror; she smiled back at me and nodded before staring out the window. I tilted my head to Cleone who was staring at me with a smug look on her face. Her left arm was covered in silicone and bead bracelets.

"Hey," she said while nodding her head backwards.

I drove off without saying anything. The drive to the campus was quiet, both girls only stared out the window. I came to a stop on the gravel in front of the campus. Maisie jumped out quickly and thanked me before running towards the gate. Before Cleone could open the door, I stopped her.

"Not so fast," I said in a strict voice.

She sighed loudly and rolled her eyes towards me.

"It was one night. How was I supposed to know the people we went with were going to drive back to campus without us?" She said to me, knowing I was going to preach to her.

"I'm just saying. If I didn't pick up up who would've fetched you to be at class on time?" I asked her with concern in my voice.

"Please don't remind me that I don't have a parent figure to help me at a time like this, besides, it's not such a big deal. A lot of people deal with situations like these every day." She said then opened the car door.

"You know that's not what I meant." I said to her softly while my emotions crawled from my chest to my stomach.

"It's fine. Thanks for the lift, but I have to get to class." She said without looking my direction.

"I love you, and I'm just worried." I said softly.

"See you Ad. I love you too." She said before getting out of the car and slamming the door shut.

I watched her walk away before driving to work. The day went by fast. Everybody was talking about the fancy dress party our company was hosting the following evening. I wasn't quite the social butterfly, but I liked being around people just as much as I liked being alone. I was excited to go. Galilani, my best friend and work colleague, was also going, and she was just as excited as me.

"What are you going as? I'm going as Catwoman!" Galilani said with a big smile while sitting with her one leg crossed over the other, on the edge of my desk, eating from a bag of chips she held in her hand. Her wild black hair hung over her shoulders. The bright red lipstick was faded in the middle of her lips from eating and the mascara on her long eyelashes was applied perfectly.

"I have a superwoman costume in my closet that might still fit me." I replied.

"I'll come by your place after work, so we can see if it still fits and what shoes I am going to wear." She said and her hazel eyes winked at me. She was always borrowing my shoes.

"I will get takeaways for us. Is pizza fine?" I asked her.

She nodded before crumpling the packet in her hand and walking into the kitchen. I thought about Cleone and how I was going to break through to her. I was so worried about her; I didn't want to interfere in her life, but she was my sister and I cared for her.

I send her a text asking if she would like to come over tonight and have takeaways with me and Galilani. She didn't sound very convincing when she replied that she would let me know but, I shouldn't change any of my plans to involve her. Galilani walked past me and head out the door. I also packed up my things and headed out to my car. I drove to the convenience center and stopped in front of the fast-food restaurant. The big clear windows revealed very little people inside. I got out of my car and walked into the building. After submitting my order, I walked over to the convenience store. There were only one other person in the store except the cashier on duty.

The other person was a man in mid-twenties. He was rather tall and dressed very stylishly. A leather jacket, skinny jeans and his dark hair was messy but looked like it was exactly in place. I picked out a chocolate bar and head to the paying point. I stopped and looked down the aisle to where he was standing. He looked up directly at me, his gorgeous brown eyes locked with mine, and he gave me a smile. He had the most perfect teeth. I shyly smiled back and felt myself blushing so I quickly turned towards the till before I could embarrass myself. I paid, picked up my order and headed to my car. There was a bright red Audi parked next to me. I adored the brand of the car even though I knew they were really expensive. I drove back home and waited for Galilani. Her car wasn't outside my apartment yet, so I unlocked my front door and went inside. My two cats ran to the door to greet me. Their food had to be empty. 

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)