Chapter 45- Mr. Stone

"Listen, what will it take for this to go away? I have a wife now, and she would leave me if a story like that got exposed." He said as he turned around and walked towards Rodrique.

"You just have to confess to doing it." He said, and I saw a trace of a sly smile on his face.

"Okay, I did it. I was a different person back then. I was younger than I was now and I didn't think of the consequences. I never thought I would get married." He confessed to Rodrique.

"Mr. Stone, you will have to come with me to the police station." Rodrique said and held out a police badge to Mr. Stone.

He turned around and ran to the door, but I jumped in front of him and he ran into me. Rodrique grabbed him by his hands and held them behind his back. He pushed Mr. Stone out the door towards the office.

"I will save your wife the embarrassment and not drag you out of the office. You will walk out of the office with me to the car. If you try anything, I will make a scene in front of everyone." Rodrique had said to him just before they entered the office.

They walked through the office like nothing was happening.

I stopped at his wife's desk. I took a paper and a pen and wrote her a note.

'You are a beautiful woman, and I am sorry that you married this man. I hope you find true love in your life.'

I put the note in front of her and gave her back the pen before walking outside to the car.

Rodrique and Mr. Stone were already in the car when I got there. He drove to the police station and got out. He opened the door for Mr. Stone, and walked with him towards the station while his head hung to the ground.

An officer grabbed Mr. Stone by the arms and cuffed his hands behind his back before pushing him towards the inside of the station. Rodrique walked to the lady that sat behind the front desk. He took something out of his pocket and gave it to her.

"It was so much easier than I thought. He is definitely guilty." He said to her.

I saw a tape recorder in her hand. Rodrique recorded Mr. Stone's confession.

He walked towards me and put his arm around me as we walked outside. I realized that I hadn't said anything since we drove to the school.

"That was easy. A little bit of me still believed that it wasn't true but now I know. That was a reality for thirteen-year old Cleone." I said to him as we climbed into the car.

"He won't see the light for many years or get close to another child ever again." Rodrique assured me and kissed my hand before he drove off.

"I would really like to thank you. I don't know how my life would have been different if I haven't met you." I said while staring at him as we drove home.

We got out of his car and walked up to his suite. He went straight to the kitchen to make us strawberry milkshakes.

It became our 'thing'. Every time we were sad or depressed, he made us strawberry milkshakes and we drank away the problems, the healthier way, on one of the balconies of the Roseland Forest Hotel. I knew this will all be temporary, Rodrique will move, I will move, our habits will fade, but I knew one thing for sure. My love and passion for Rodriquez Valdez will never fade...

PLEASE VOTE BEFORECONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)