Chapter 41- Fourth Avenue

I saw us together in the shower, washing each other. I saw him sleeping on the couch and the smile he had on his face when I lie next to him and woke him up. I saw his eyes, his brown eyes looking into mine. I saw my future...

Duke reached the cupboard and I jumped up from where I was sitting.

"Duke!" I yelled and he turned around.

I saw his face as he looked at me; the gun pointing directly towards him. I wasn't very far away so I had a clean shot. He looked down to the cupboard to see if it's the same gun. He looked back at me, and I had a second, only a second to decide if I really was going to shoot him. I looked into his eyes and moved my finger on the trigger. I pulled it... Duke fell split seconds after. Red blood soaked his shirt on his chest.

I shot him, I shot Duke. All my feelings and sadness came back to my body, and my legs gave in so I fell to the ground. I was terrified and confused.

I build up enough courage to get up and ran over to Rodrique. He was still unconscious. I untied him and lightly shook him by the shoulders.

"Rodrique, Rodrique, please wake up! I need you!" I begged him.

I pulled off the tape from his mouth. His eyes were still closed, and his lips were slightly parted and it had cuts all over from the tape. I collapsed again and fell onto the ground next to him. I cried while still holding his hand in mine.

"Adelynn?" He said softly.

"Yes! I'm here. You are going to be all right. I love you!" I said to him.

He blinked slowly.

I felt my pockets for my phone. It wasn't there. I felt Rodrique's jeans and found his phone in his right pocket. I took it out and called the police. They assured me that they would be there shortly.

I remembered the other guy and the boys; they must have heard the gun shot. I picked up the gun again and held it tightly to my chest. I was prepared, if they did decide to come back. I just sat at Rodrique's feet, waiting.

After a while, there was a knock on the garage door, and I pointed the gun towards the door. It opened and there were three officers standing in the daylight.

"Put the weapon down and move away from the body!" one of them yelled.

They were armed.

"I won't hurt him! Please help us!" I yelled at them.

I was so confused and cried because they didn't show any sympathy. Why are they yelling at me and not helping me? I threw the gun, and it slid under the table. One of the officers came over to me and pulled me up by my arms. The other one took me from him, as he moved over to Rodrique. He checked his pulse and spoke to somebody over his radio. The officer that held me cuffed my hands together behind my back. He commanded me to walk outside. The two officers walked me to the police car, and I got in the back seat.

"Please! You have to help him." I begged them.

"You will be held at the station until we've collected the evidence and reported the case. You have the right to remain silent. Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." I dropped my head down.

I am being arrested, and I could go to jail because I killed somebody.

They drove to the station and put me in a cell. There was nobody else inside. I sat there for a few hours.

I thought about Cleone and Rodrique and Duke. I killed Duke. The sun set through the small window in the cell. I lied down on the bench and cried. I was worried about Rodrique.

An officer came to the cell after a while. It was already dark outside. I must have been in here for about four hours. She unlocked the cell and opened the gate.

"You are free to go. We got a report from Mr. Valdez from the hospital after he became conscious. You just have to fill in a report of exactly what had happened before you may leave." She said while standing at the gate.

I jumped up and walked outside. She walked into a room inside the station, and I followed her. There were a few tables and chairs inside and she indicated with her hand that I must sit on one of the chairs. I sat down and she set a paper, with questions printed on, and a pen in front of me. I read all the questions carefully before writing my answer. I handed her the paper as I stood up and walked towards the door.

"Somebody will take you home." She said as she walked towards the exit.

"I want to go to the hospital, to Rodrique." I said to her.

My voice was raspy.

"Very well, I will ask them to drop you there and take your car to you afterwards." She said.

We walked outside, and an officer stood by one of the police cars. He opened the door for me, and I got in the front passenger seat. He got in the driver seat and drove me to the hospital.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORECONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)