Chapter 39- Fourth Avenue

My car stood in the road next to the pavement in front of the hotel's door. I unlocked it and climbed in.

I drove to Fourth Avenue. I stopped in front of the green fence and switch off my car. I didn't get out of the car; I just sat there staring at the fence. I gave myself a pep talk that I'm doing it for Cleone's sake. I got out and walked to the gate. It wasn't locked so I slide it open just enough me to squeeze through. I walk over to the front door and turn the knob to see if it was locked; it was. I walked around the house to look for a back door. In the back yard was a garage that was slightly open. I walked closer to open it further. My mouth was covered by a hand, and I was thrown on the ground. My head hit the ground hard and my vision became blurry. I was picked up again before I smelled a strong stench and realized the person that had grabbed me had put a cloth, which was soaked in chloroform, over my mouth and nose. I tried to scream but everything went black as I fell towards the ground again. The last thing I saw was a bright light and two men with white aprons standing by a table in the garage.

Where am I? My mind was confused and my sight still blurry. I blinked a few times until I could see clearly. Was I sleeping? Where am I?

I saw two young guys by a table. They had on white aprons and blue rubber gloves. They were busy scooping something in bags from the table. The sight wasn't familiar. I tried to stand up, but I was tied to a chair and there was something covering my mouth so I couldn't speak.

I looked around the room. The bright light hurt my eyes. Across me sat another person. His head hung in front of him and he was also tied up to a chair.

"Good, you are awake." A voice said from behind me.

I quickly turned my head to see who it was, but I couldn't see him. He walked around and came to stopped right in front of me. He took out the cloth that was in my mouth and dropped it on the floor.

He had on a black mask. I looked into his eyes. They were green. It was the same person that kidnapped me a few weeks ago.

I didn't recognize the young guys at the table, but they looked really depressed and nervous.

"You just had to come back, Adelynn. Everything could have gone away, but you had to come back." The man in the mask said to me.

"Who are you and what do you want from me?" I said as tears streamed down my cheeks.

I was scared.

"Well, what do you think?" He asked me with a sly smile.

"I don't know. I just want to know what happened to my sister and all the events lead me to this place." I said while looking at the floor.

"That was a shock. I didn't expect that she would do what she did." He said as he walked to the other side of the room.

He walked to the person that was tied up on the chair opposite me.

"Everything was fine until you involved the police." He said and grabbed the person by the hair and yanked up his head.

I saw that it was Rodrique. His eyes were closed and there was tape covering his mouth. His head was injured, and blood ran down the side of his face.

"No! Please!" I begged the masked man to leave him alone.

Why was he here? What did he mean by the police?

"Rodrique and I had a deal. He would leave me alone if I helped him find the other drug dealers in town. I helped him with two cases until your sister ruined everything. I knew he was coming for me and instead of fleeing I decided to kill him." He said while shaking Rodrique's head while holding onto his hair.

"What had my sister done to you? Who are you?" I screamed at him.

"Don't you recognize me, Adelynn?" He asked and smiled again.

"No!" I yelled and started crying again.

I wanted to help Rodrique, but I couldn't. I felt like this was my fault somehow.

"Let me start at the beginning and fill in the gaps for you." He said and cleared his throat.

"I met Cleone at a party; we had a little fun until she asked me for drugs the one night. I am the biggest drug dealer in town, but she didn't know that then. I gave her some and she came back for more and more, because she was addicted at that time, you see? She couldn't pay for it anymore, so I had her do 'favours' for it. She sold the drugs for me at a few corners and, you know, the sexual favours was amazing until she got caught selling drugs and got locked up. She also fell pregnant. She came to my place about a month ago and told me that she was expecting my child, and then she disappeared with a lot of my supply. I went looking for her at your house but instead you opened the door and well, you remember right?" He said while walking up and down, explaining with his hands.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORECONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)