Chapter 12- The message

She stood up, went into the house and came back with another two glasses of wine.

"I'm not going to send him a message; it will make me look guilty. He will then know that I know of this, and I don't want that." I thought out loud.

"We will take him down silently." Galilani said with a devious smile.

I felt like I was going to cry, but I shook it off. This guy came into my life from nowhere; I never invited him in. I can't be upset about this. My only question was why did he do this to me? It's not like we have a history of any sort.

Galilani stayed with me the whole day. She cancelled her morning plans with Clayton and he understood. Maybe he wasn't like Duke. After all, he told Galilani about what Duke did; risking his friendship with Duke and Galilani, because he thought it was the right thing to do. He could've laughed and teased like the other guys.

We watched series on the couch, fell asleep, woke up and watched the same series again. This was the first weekend we could rest and just be lazy together.

"Clay and I are going to spend the night together. Not in that way, but only getting to know each other's presence, without being in public or dressed up or anything." She said while putting her head on my shoulder.

"You really like him? It seems like you get one another." I said to her still looking at the television.

I thought about Rodrique. He had that type of conversation that felt like he just gets you.

"I'm going over to him at six thirty. Will you be alright?" she asked looking up to my face.

"I will, I still want to work on new designs I started a while ago." I replied her.

After the episode we watched was over, Galilani got up and walked towards the front door. I got up and hugged her before she left. I made myself pasta with bacon and chives and went to sit on the couch with my feet on the seat next to me. My phone ranged. It wasn't a familiar number. I answered.

"Hey, how are you doing today?" the voice asked.

I realized I still had pasta in my mouth and quickly swallowed.

"Who's talking?" I asked curiously.

"Who do you want it to be?" the voice replied.

"Well, I'm hoping for one person and praying it's not the other one." I replied the voice.

"It's Rodrique, am I the one you were hoping it wasn't?" He asked me.

"No, Duke is the person I don't want to talk to." I said to Rodrique.

"Did something happen again or only because of what happened yesterday?" he asked me.

"No, something happened, but it's a long story." I said.

"I have time and a milkshake with your name on it. If you want to talk," He said caring.

"Should I come over?" I asked him.

"I will come and fetch you, is two minutes enough?" he asked me.

"No! Give me fifteen minutes." I quickly said to him because I wasn't dressed yet in appropriate clothes to go outside.

He laughed and said that he will see me then, before hanging up.

I quickly put on a tight, white skirt and a navy blue chiffon blouse with glitter on, together with low wedges. I walked out the front door and locked it behind me. I turned around and there the cherry red Audi stood and a casually dressed Rodrique standing a few feet in front of it. I walked up to him and greeted him with a hug. He smiled at me and asked if I was ready to go. I nodded and walked towards the car.

We listened to the radio on the way to the hotel. We parked in the same spot he did yesterday. I got out and walked to the building, and he followed me. I walked up the stairs and came to a stop in front of the elevator and he pushed the button. The elevator door opened and a lot of people came down the hall to get in, Rodrique stopped the door so everybody could get in. There was a girl with only a bikini top and a towel wrapped around her waist. Rodrique didn't even look at the girl. After the elevator was full, he let go of the door and stood back. His shoulder brushed against mine and he stood even closer to me. Half of his torso was against my back. I got goose bumps and my heart raced. This was the closest he's been to me. I've never realized how nervous he has made me, until now. A few people got out on the first floor. He could've moved away because there was more space after they got out but, he kept standing close to me. We were the last ones left when the doors opened at the third floor. He gently touched my arm, indicating that I should walk first. It felt so cool on my skin where his hand had touched. He opened his front door and I walked inside.

"I think we will order room service today. Are you fine with that?" he asked me. "I am, really. You didn't have to make me milkshakes, but I really appreciate that you did the other night, though." I said smiling at him. 

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)