Chapter 13- Getting to know each other

"What do you prefer?" he asked me.

"The strawberry cocktails are amazing at the bar." I said.

He picked up the hotel phone and ordered one for me and a Beach Lagoon for him. We sat outside on the balcony. It was a lot warmer than the first time we sat here.

"So, you want to know what Duke did?" I asked Rodrique.

"Tell me." He said, looking into my eyes.

"First of all, the night we met, he tried to get with me, if you understand what I mean. After last night he has posted this on their messaging group for the whole football team to see." I said while showing him the screenshot Galilani forwarded to me.

He took my phone to read everything.

"He's a sorry excuse for a male person." Rodrique said handing me back my phone after reading the text message.

"You shouldn't worry about this. Karma has her way of sorting people like this out." He said looking me dead in the eye.

I was surprised. He handled this better than I ever could.

"I'm not letting it bother me. I just hope nobody believes him, because this has been so far from the truth." I said looking down at my hands.

There was a knock on the door and shortly after the waiter brought our cocktails. Rodrique took out money from his pocket and gave it to him.

"Thank you so much!" The waiter stuttered when he saw the huge tip Rodrique gave him before leaving the room.

I took a sip from my cocktail. Strawberries...

"Adelynn, guys like that are usually plagued with insecurity. This shows more about him than he'll ever tell you. Anybody that isn't on the same level as him will see that." Rodrique said to me. I gave a crooked smile and looked down taking a sip of my cocktail again.

We talked a lot and really got to know each other. I learned that he have a house on the beach only two hours away. He told me about his really poisonous, previous relationship. He studied psychology after school but wasn't in the profession long. He then went to law school and finished it. While he was working in the law industry, he decided to study Human Resource Management. After he had completed his studies, he got an offer for the firm he works for now. He was twenty-six years old and I was only turning twenty-four so it was obvious that I only studied one major after school and that this was the first place I worked. He said that he was always interested in people and their behaviour. He never thought his ex-girlfriend could've cheated him behind his back without him ever noticing it. He also said that, it didn't stop him from trusting people, it only encouraged him to learn more about their behaviour and why they did what they did. He was such an inspiration to other human beings. I hated that I didn't see the world like he did.

"Can you teach me?" I asked him. I sat with my one foot on the chair, resting my chin on my knee.

We were on our second cocktail. These weren't as light as the ones at the costume party.

"Teach you?" He asked frowning at me.

"The way you see the world." I asked to him, looking into the kindest eyes. The eyes I fell in love with little by little...

He took me home later that night. The cocktails were all worked out because we sat there talking for hours and hours.

He stopped his car in front of my apartment. I got out and waited for him to walk around the car. I hoped by myself that we would hug me first tonight. He walked until he was right in front of me. I looked up to his face. The moon was once again in his eyes. Before I could thank him for the evening, he stepped closer to me.

His lips gently touched mine for a few seconds; I felt a cool breeze where his lips have been. My heart raced and I could feel myself blushing. He gave me a hug and stepped back.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Adelynn." He said looking into my eyes.

"I'll see you too," I said smiling widely.

He walked back to his car turning his head to look at me as he walked. He stopped for a few seconds behind his car door before climbing in. I walked inside and locked my door behind me as he drove off.

I fell backwards on the couch, smiling at myself and touching my lips with my fingertips. I sighed loudly from the feeling he gave me. It was sensational.

I went to sleep in my bed feeling great. I have forgotten all about Duke's devious schemes.

Rodrique and I saw each other on Sunday again. We watched a movie and sat next to each other on the couch under a blanket. He touched my bare arm a few times with his fingertips, sending shivers down my spine.

I enjoyed his company a lot. It was hard getting out of bed on Monday morning to go to work after such a nice weekend. Galilani and I shared our weekend events with each other. Turns out that she and Clayton went a lot further than me and Rodrique.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)