Chapter-27- Cleone's Drama

I walked over to Maisie's room to find her sitting alone on her bed.

"Adelynn?" She seemed confused.

"Where is Cleone?" I asked a little louder than necessary.

"She left almost an hour ago. She said you were outside to pick her up then she left." Maisie said while frowning.

I went back to my car without saying anything back to her. I tried her cell again but still no answer. I drove up the street not knowing where to search for her. I drove faster and faster up and down the roads. I skipped a few stop signs as well. I felt like I usually did. I felt like it was a better option to die in a car crash than face this life's problems. The pain started crawling up to my chest from my stomach and I struggled to breathe from all the crying. My eyes burned and then, after driving around for half an hour it started raining.

I drove to the Roseland Forest Hotel. I ran inside to Rodrique's suite and knocked on his door with a bang. He quickly opened the door after the sixth knock. I was still crying as he took me in his arms and held me tight.

"What's going on?" He asked while sliding a loose strand of hair out of my face.

"Cleone disappeared from campus almost two hours ago. I can't find her anywhere." I said between the sniffs.

He went back inside and came out while putting on a hoodie with his car keys in his hand. We went down the elevator and walked to his Audi and got in. He drove out of the parking lot and into the street. It was raining so hard that we were struggling to see the street even with the wipers on fast mode. We drove up and down every street. We looked everywhere but couldn't find her. I started crying again. Rodrique held onto my leg and pinched it lightly every now and then. He was worried as well; I could see it in his eyes.

We drove by the park. I saw someone sitting on the edge of the gutter next to the road. The person had on a white hoodie and jeans. I immediately recognized the black and white converse with purple laces. It was Cleone.

"Stop the car!" I yelled at Rodrique.

I got out into the rain. My top got soaked and my eyes burned from the rain. I ran up to her and fell on my knees in front of her. Her head hung to the ground while her top half rested on her knees. She didn't look up when I touched her.

"Cleone?" I cried out to her. I lifted up her head.

Her eyes were closed and she was bleak. She wasn't completely conscious. I pulled her arms to get her to stand up, but she just fell onto the road. Rodrique were next to my side by this time. He picked her up into his arms and carried her to the car before I could do anything. I followed him and climbed into the passenger seat again. He laid her on the back seat of his car. Her lifeless body just lay there on the seat with her lips slightly parted and her eyes closed.

He drove to my apartment and parked in front of the building before we jumped out. He picked her up from the back seat and carried her into the house up to my bedroom.

"I can't put her into the bed while she's still wet." Rodrique said and looked at me.

"I'll try to undress her while you hold her." I said to him.

I untied the button of her jean and pulled down the zip. I pulled her jeans down, and Rodrique moved his arms so I could get them off of her. I struggled because they were really wet and stuck to her skin. She didn't move at all while we were busy with her. I pulled her top over her head so she had on only her underwear. Rodrique laid her down onto the bed and pulled the covers over her. I got in the bed next to her and held her tight. I felt her shiver against my body a few times. Rodrique lay down behind me. The power went down and the only thing I could see was the lightning every now and then outside the window. I fell asleep after a while with the soothing rain and thunder in the background.
I woke up in the middle of the night. My sister and Rodrique were still in the same position as they were, before I fell asleep.

I felt her forehead. She had a fever. I got up gently without waking anyone, which was a mission because both of them were lying tight against me. I got up and climbed over Rodrique. I walked to the bathroom and got fever medicine from the cabinet. I walked back to my room and saw the Rodrique moved closer to Cleone and was cuddling with her. I wanted to laugh but didn't want to wake them because that would be really awkward at this time in the morning. I walked around to Cleone and waked her quietly to drink the medicine. She opened her eyes and closed them again but drank the liquid medicine I gave her. Rodrique woke up eventually and jumped back to the other side of the bed when he realized that he was cuddling with the wrong sister. After I had given my sister her medicine, I walked around and lay down next to him again. He got up so I could sleep in the middle again.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)