Chapter 17- Get Together

I noticed something was up with Jason as I poured our second glass of wine.

"So, any news?" I asked Jason.

He responded with the same old 'nothing much.' By the time we had our third glass of wine, I had decided to go for the most obvious question.

"What do you think about the guy Galilani have been seeing?" I asked him.

"I hope she knows him well, that she doesn't get her heart broken." He said frowning.

"I've met him. His friend is a dick." I said, laughing hard while thinking back at the situation and how Rodrique saved me.

"Then why don't you like him?" I asked Jason.

I sat with me feet on the couch folded up under me and held the wine glass in my hand. He gave me an irritating look.

"What?" I asked him, still staring at me.

I finally clicked. It wasn't about Clayton. It was about Galilani. Well, Galilani dates Clayton and not Jason.

"I like Galilani; I'm in love with her." He said looking down at his glass.

"Why haven't you told me? I'm one of your best friends." I said to him.

"I didn't want it to be true because I knew it would complicate things but I just can't help it anymore. It's not something you can just decide not to feel." He said to me.

"I never thought that you would end up falling in love with Galilani. You have not dated or talk about anyone since you and I stopped our fling." I said to him, taking a sip of my wine.

"I don't think Galilani would ever feel this way about me. I wish I could just forget about it and move on, but every time I hear her talk about other guys, my heart breaks." He said to me.

I never knew that Jason had felt this way. He was a closed-book most of the time.

"I don't think Galilani knows this." I said to him.

"She can't find out, as much as I want her to know, I don't want to make things awkward or maybe lose her friendship." He said looking at me with wide eyes.

"It's not my story to tell." I said to him.

I took him home later that night. As I drove home, I thought about Jason and Galilani. Jason was a wonderful guy but Galilani was interested in guys that play football and gym. Jason was the type that worked with computers and drawings. I felt so sorry for Jason. I cared for him deeply and wished for him to get a girlfriend and be happy.
I got home and went to bed. I messaged Rodrique while I was lying in my bed.

"Hi, I haven't heard from you today. Is everything alright?" I pressed the send button and waited for him to read it.

My phone indicated that he had read it and was replying.

"I'm so sorry. I was really busy at work today and I'm still busy with paperwork that I couldn't finish at the office. I hope you had a great day." He replied.

I felt a bit sad and disappointed, but I understood that he was a busy person. He went offline and didn't say anything else, so I eventually fell asleep waiting for any messages from him.

I woke up the next morning and checked my phone but there were no new messages from Rodrique.

I went downstairs and made myself coffee. It was only Tuesday and I was already fed up with this week. I didn't realize how much Rodrique was on my mind until I didn't get as much attention from him as I wanted. I didn't want to be clingy, especially not this early. We weren't in a relationship yet, but we made it clear to each other that we were interested in one another.

The whole day went past without him sending me a single text. I decided that I wasn't going to text to him either.

I was making myself pasta after work when my phone vibrated on the kitchen counter. I thought it was either Galilani or Jason. I saw Rodrique's name and quickly opened the message.

"I just wanted to let you know that I am still thinking of you in all this chaos. I'm having trouble with a client. I am going out of town to go and see him. I will be leaving on Friday, and I will only be back the next weekend. I hope you understand. I will make it up to you I promise." Rodrique's message read.

I felt my eyes burning. Was I really upset about this? I hope he wasn't planning on making it up to me like Duke did.

I finished making the pasta, ate and went to bed. I felt so lonely not talking to him. I scolded myself for over reacting about this. It's only a week. I will manage without him. I fell asleep quickly like I always do whenever I was upset or feeling bad. It was my body's way of avoiding the problem.

The following day I sat at my desk in the office and ate my lunch. Galilani walked towards me, texting. She almost fell over the chair, because she wasn't looking where she was walking. She sat down next to me and put away her phone.

"Wow, do I know you?" I asked her with my fork in my hand.

"What do you mean?" Galilani said opening her lunch acting like she doesn't know what I am talking about.

"You know, the only person that really knows you now is Clayton. We don't get to see you anymore." I said lifting my eyebrow at her.

She gasped at me like I was telling her the most untruthful lie she had ever heard.

"I'm happy for you. You usually get bored but this one sticks." I said to her with a smile, and she smiled back at me.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)