Chapter 19- Unexpected Phone Call

I walked over to the bed in the dark. I forgot to switch on the light. I took off my jeans and bra and lied down on the bed. My head was spinning and I focused hard to not throw up. As I got under the covers, I felt a cold arm against my skin. I sat upright and felt the other side of the bed.

"No...Just sleep." I heard Jason's voice next to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, feeling a bit more sober from the fright.

"I'm sleeping, you won't sleep on the couch and you have a double bed, more than enough space." He said sounding sleepy.

I just ignored everything and lied down again. I felt tears running from my eyes into my hair. Jason moved closer to me. I felt his arm go around my waist. I lied really still, waiting to see what was happening. He didn't move. I lied still for a few minutes, consuming what he was doing. I turned around to face him. He didn't have his shirt on. I felt my warm body against his cold torso. The moonlight shone on his face. His eyes were closed. I don't think he knew what he was doing.

I only realized what was happening after I had kissed him. I kept my eyes closed and felt him kiss me back after he realized what I was doing. We kept on kissing and I felt his hand tighten around my waist. He was enjoying it. We kissed for a few minutes, until I pulled away and buried my face between his neck and the pillow. I was still holding him. He didn't seem to mind that I stopped kissing him. His arms were wrapped around my waist, and we lay in the same position until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to a pounding headache. I lay facing the other way that I fell asleep. Jason was still cuddled up against my back with his arms around me. I sat upright, but lie back down immediately because it made the headache worse to sit upright. Jason was still sleeping. After a few minutes, and a good prep talk to myself, I got out of bed. I walked down the stairs to the kitchen. I had on my top, from the night before and my underwear. I made coffee for Jason and me. While feeling guilty and confused, I walked upstairs to my bedroom to find Jason still sleeping. I put the mug of coffee on the bedside table and walked around to sit on the other side of the bed with my own mug. I talked loudly to him, asking him how he was feeling. He opened his one eye and sighed, making weird morning noises. He sat upright holding his head with his hands.

"How do you feel?" I asked him again.

"Like a train had hit me." He said while picking up the mug from the bedside table and taking a small sip.

"I also feel really bad." I said to him, also taking a sip of my coffee.

We drank the rest of the cup in silence. He sat the empty cup on the bedside table and stood up, picking up his shirt from the couch next to the window. He was in really good shape. I caught myself staring at his six pack and quickly looked down at the cup in my hands before he saw me looking at him. He smiled and I realized that he knew I was staring at him.

We went downstairs and sat on the couch. Neither of us mentioned what had happened between us the night before.

I took him to Galilani's house, so he could get his car. I drove home afterwards. I couldn't tell her what had happened, because it could ruin Jason's chances with her even more.

I slept for the rest of the day, not talking to anyone or reading my messages. I still lay in bed after I woke up around four in the afternoon. My phone had rung twice by the time I checked it. It had rung only three seconds at a time. The caller ID was a local office number. I called back.

"This is the local police station, how can we help?" A lady answered the phone.

"Hi... My name is Adelynn Brooks. I missed a call from you." I said really confused.

Why would the police be looking for me on a Saturday morning?

"Yes, are you related to a Cleone Brooks, age twenty-three?" The lady asked me.

"Yes, Cleone is my sister. Is everything alright?" I asked with concern in my voice.

"Miss Brooks was arrested this morning. You were her only phone call." The lady said.

"What happened? Is she okay?" I asked the lady.

"Sorry miss, I'm not allowed to share such information over the telephone.

Please come to the station for any further information. Goodbye." She said and hung up.

I quickly got dressed in more appropriate clothes and ran out the front door, after I grabbed my bag and keys from the kitchen counter.

I was speeding over the limit to the police station. I got out and ran inside to the front desk. The lady behind the counter only looked up to me after a few seconds.

"Adelynn Brooks, I'm here for Cleone, my sister." I said to her.

She picked up a pile of brown files and looked through them.

"Surname of offender?" She asked without looking at me.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)